6 Mile Run Conditions

alex_k

I checked it out- it is great in 75% of the park and the remaining 25% is completely chewed up. I bailed early and walked the soft stuff. The bike was clean back at the car but I walked alot.

6 mile needs some tlc after this past weekend.

which part is in better shape? canal or 27?

thanks

Dajerseyrat

which part is in better shape? canal or 27?

thanks

I went and rode red to white, but decided to head back, my hamstrings were cramping..The part near the concrete bridge was bad, walked it across off to the side. The fire road portion was a bit soft in spots. It was weird, some spots were dry as a bone and others were muddy and in areas you would not expect water to be. I tried to be careful and ride towards the edge or off the trail where the muddy section were. Some of the banked turns were rutted up a bit, it will need some TLC, but I wouldnt sweat it, looking at Facebook posts, Jay from Halters rode it Saturday with a group, and Im sure it was wetter on Saturday..BTW they did an awesome job building a new bridge!!!

Attachments

• 1466155_10152040291219593_436261491_n.jpg
    1466155_10152040291219593_436261491_n.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 1459122_10152040291249593_1980680021_n.jpg
    1459122_10152040291249593_1980680021_n.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 166

walter

Fourth Party
I tried to be careful and ride towards the edge or off the trail where the muddy section were.

rule 1- ride through the center of the mud, you will get wet and/or dirty but its easier to repair a deep hole than it is a section of trail that is now 8 feet wide.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
And go SLOOOOW through the mud. Dont rip through it. When you go fast through the mud it throws the mud to the side of the trail, widening it the trail and deepening the hole. If you go very slow, the mud will ooze back into place and not get so rutted up....generally speaking.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
And go SLOOOOW through the mud. Dont rip through it. When you go fast through the mud it throws the mud to the side of the trail, widening it the trail and deepening the hole. If you go very slow, the mud will ooze back into place and not get so rutted up....generally speaking.

yup just about dead on right slow through the center staying on the trail but it's better not to ride when the conditions are wet or soft. 6 mile really suffers a lot this time of the year due to the soil type. BTW:looking at the bridge it was a mess this weekend..

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Conditions are super fun. Packed snow.

Please stay off the trails when it is above freezing if you can help it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 240

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions were solid today. That said, be warned that it is slow going, meaning you'll work for almost every foot. Also a lot of corners are icy, so be prepared to hit the ground once or twice. 27 side was the better side overall if you only have time for 1 side.

Molasses

Need for winter tires? I have not put them on yet but after tomorrow's snow I assume they will be good to have- especially if we het that freezing rain and cold temps (fingers crossed)

Mildly Wild

We got out there about 3 this afternoon. With the snow coming down pretty strong at that point and seeing there was only one other car in the Canal Rd Lot, I began to question the wisdom of my decision. That concern faded quickly as soon as we got out on Blue. Really great snow riding conditions with about 3" of new powder on top of what ever was there before. Traction was excellent. Totally idyllic experience with an overcast sky, new snow coming down and the woods being totally quiet:D. There were times when I enjoyed it more than when conditions are dry and optimum down there as I realized one does not have to go as fast when there is snow on the trails to get the same andrenalin rush;).

Don't how it will fare tomorrow with temps warming up and some wintry mix coming through later tonight but it was near perfect today.

rlb

Looks like it was rain overnight in Bridgewater near CR, I'm guessing it was pretty similar at six mile. Hopefully someone can confirm.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions