6 mile run conditions

D

dzm3

I saw some posts about 6 mile run being all torn up from the storm last week. Has it dried up yet, and is it ok to ride there today after work?

Thank you

dz

ArmyOfNone

we put some good work in this morning replacing a few bridges and planks. It was amazing how dry the trails were. We didnt get a chance to ride the whole place, but there was little to know mud up to where we were at. From what i understand tho its not all that bad the rest of the way around.

Wobbegong

I rode the Canal side of Six Mile on Monday and most trails were ok. The lower sections were horrible, the flooding was severe over there, sections of the Yellow trail are still under water.

ArmyOfNone

you should be good on the other side as well except for the section near the conrete bridge. But that section is only dry once a year :)

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Thumbs up to riding there again.

The new stuff is breaking in nicely and the re-routes are working well.

I was disappointed to see some ATV tracks out there today.

One ATV ride can ruin literally 100's of hours of trail work. Yuk!!!

j

D

dzm3

Good conditions

We rode it too, on the soccer field side, and like everyone said, except for the concrete bridge area and one more spot the trails were in good condition.

is there a way to cross the creek without going over the concrete bridge and by-pass that mud?

I go there every tuesday with my son and would like to learn the trails better so that we could hit some fun stuff and avoid the muddy areas.

Thanks
dz

jdog

Shop Keep
There is no way around that bridge. I wish there was.

We have been working on a re-route just after that bridge. Look for a left turn that looks new.

Have fun out there.

j

D

dzm3

Was looking for it. I saw some tire marks just after the bridge, but then they disapeared, so I figured there was a re-route. But couldn't see it. On the way back we stayed up top, without dropping down to the mud, and saw a trail that eventually put us closer to the bridge by-passing most of the mud, but it was also pretty wet and soft... I think the only way to do it is by placing more palets there. I saw a bunch of them scattered by flood all over that area. If I have time I'll try to gather them to that by-pass.

Thank you for all the work on that park!

dz

jdog

Shop Keep
Was looking for it. I saw some tire marks just after the bridge, but then they disapeared, so I figured there was a re-route. But couldn't see it. On the way back we stayed up top, without dropping down to the mud, and saw a trail that eventually put us closer to the bridge by-passing most of the mud, but it was also pretty wet and soft... I think the only way to do it is by placing more palets there. I saw a bunch of them scattered by flood all over that area. If I have time I'll try to gather them to that by-pass.

Thank you for all the work on that park!

dz

You found it.. It was a lot of work to ring that trail closer to the cement bridge..

We had pallets all across that mud hole so since they floated away there is no trace of a trail.

In 2-3 weeks that place will be dry as a bone anyway.

j

bobkennelly

There is no way around that bridge. I wish there was.

We have been working on a re-route just after that bridge. Look for a left turn that looks new.

Have fun out there.

j

Saw Lance in the Central park today, he was running,very cool..Saw Howard Stern too, not cool..

Last edited:

jdog

Shop Keep
Just added some neat-o pics in the 6-mile gallery.

Have a look-see

j

Top Bottom