6 Mile Run @ 6pm Wednesday May 7th

I have a contractor coming to my house at some point this afternoon/tonight. Once I hear a time from him I will know if/when I might be able to ride. Maybe I'll see you guys in the lot, maybe I'll see Bert in the lot, maybe I'll see you in the trail, maybe I'll sit home and wait on this dude all afternoon and evening.....

is anyone running a 29er tonight? I have tubeless tires but for some reason the valve is beginning to leak air :mad2:. would anyone have a tube I can borrow for the ride? Thanks

Paul

i wont be starting with you guys... but i'll be out there on my 29er. i'll toss you a tube if we bump into each other if you dont find one pre-start.

maybe i can hang it from a tree and you can treat like an easter egg hunt... just it would be a 29er tube hunt. and over a much larger area than most egg hunts.

I might have to come through and ride with you guys today. I am not at hammer speed and I might have to walk over a couple of the bridge crossing cause my fork is blown and I am pretty much riding a ridged bike now, but I have been having a lot of fun riding 6mile lately. Even though my fork is blown. Long live rock shox

I might have to come through and ride with you guys today. I am not at hammer speed and I might have to walk over a couple of the bridge crossing cause my fork is blown and I am pretty much riding a ridged bike now, but I have been having a lot of fun riding 6mile lately. Even though my fork is blown. Long live rock shox

No your not allowed to walk;)

bike problem

I have a 29er wheel that was converted to tubeless and now there is a leak at the valve. I would like to just take the valve off and put in a tube so I can ride today. The problem is that the tire is glued to the rim. If I remove the wheel from the rim will I still be able to put the tire back on with the tube inside? I posted this in shop talk but I was wondering if anyone coming today can help me out with the info. Thanks

Paul

I have a 29er wheel that was converted to tubeless and now there is a leak at the valve. I would like to just take the valve off and put in a tube so I can ride today. The problem is that the tire is glued to the rim. If I remove the wheel from the rim will I still be able to put the tire back on with the tube inside? I posted this in shop talk but I was wondering if anyone coming today can help me out with the info. Thanks

Paul

It will be messy but will work fine. That's what people do when they flat a tubeless tire.

cant make the group ride but heading over in a few minutes, should be in the lot @ 27 for about 4:50 for a shorter ride- probably just from 27 to middlebush & back if that time works for anybody I'll see ya there- silver Honda white heckler skinny guy...

Saw the crew in the lot getting ready to head in as I was coming out. I was the sweaty, winded guy. Looked like a good sized group. Heres where I get on my soapbox:

My life has been the busiest it has ever been recently with little to no time left for recreation of any kind, forget about riding. I finally got out the other day, and again today for just a few miles when I could. I know I dont need to post this on here cuz everybody knows it, but as soon as I got in there, I felt all the stress and everything else totally wash away. As I focused on the trail, it took only a few turns to tune out everything else other than my intended (I stress intended) line, and the quiet and beauty around me in all directions. For me at least, riding is the perfect mix of exercise, aggression, challenge, and simultaneous serenity. As I rode these past days I first blasted along to get rid of some frustration and anger, then slowed down and focused on technical stuff, challenging myself, then found a steady pace and looked out into the woods off the trail, checking out the crazy green against the trees and the water, and relaxing.....then repeat.
The other day I crashed once when my front wheel washed out on me, and I lay there on the ground laughing at myself. Today, I crashed on the same root that I have crashed on at least 25 times. I knew it was coming, where it was, was thinking about it, hit it and crashed anyway. My helmet hit a tree and then my shoulder hit the tree. I left a mark on the tree, and have a mark on my shoulder, so it was a draw. I told the tree we were even. I laughed at myself again. I chased a bunch of squirrels down the trail, ate some bugs, saw two deer today, and then rode into the lot to see a huge group getting ready to head out. It felt good...DAMN GOOD. I hope the group ride today was a fulfilling for everybody as my recent short rides have been for me. Kudos to Jason for posting the ride and making it happen, we should all follow his example and post if we know when we are gonna ride. Thanks also to EVERYBODY who has put so much into 6MR recently and for years before. To those other folks like me, whos lives have been interfering with riding.....Just get out there....

you said it my man...me and my small group had a good ride...next time we will join that bigger group one guy got hung up in traffic...but next time the season is still very young

Getcha Recovery Drink On!

I really advise you to get your recovery drink on after the grueling ride today. If you don't have any, I advise you to go get some immediately. The worst is feeling the pain the next day after a long ride. I ain't playing home slices. :getsome: PEACE.

Anywho. Nice riding with the group today. Very nice people and pretty good riders. Be sure to post more rides wherever you go in this Central Jersey area.

We also need some nice photos next time. My girlfriend thinks its weird for me to meet strangers online and out of all things ride bikes with them. I need some hard evidence of our thrilling times. My mom doesn't think it's a good idea either. Nah just playing about my mom but for real about my gf.

Manny Fresh

P.S. Endurox R4 works for me very well :D

Great Ride - Thanks

Thanks to all for a great ride - Jason and all the rest of the guys - great meeting you all. Well put Sir Crash-a-lot - nice meeting you too. Zappa reminds me of Vonnegut. Would love to ride more - I'll keep trying to keep up...
Dan

Unbeleaveable ride today. This was my first real ride with a group of people and I thought I was going to be killed by the pace, but I was fine. That is however the fastest I have ever ridden through those trails ever. Got a little hairy at times, but I made it through without any problems. Just the usual stickerbush rips in my legs and a small shoulder fight with a tree. I am really glad I got to meet some of you guys and ride together. Thanks J for putting together a great afternoon/afterwork ride.........

good ride

despite the crazy thing that happened to me today I can't complain. I had a good time. Tomorrow I am going to ride Hartshorne if anyone is interested. I am going to ride pretty hard without stopping unless I have too. I plan on starting around 5 but I can push it back if people need me too. I won't be riding the SS this time because I won't be able to fix it. This is weather dependent as well. I don't want to ruin the trails.

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom