6 Mile lately?

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Anyone been to 6 Mile lately? It will be in the mid 40's tomorrow (12-14-08) and I'm thinking of going for a leisure ride around late morning if the conditions aren't bad.

THATmanMANNY

I wouldn't go for another week. South middlebush was flooded yesterday (friday) htat means a lot. I really wouldn't go there because you won't have a good time, you'll be a filthy mess, and lasty it's not good for the trails either. Sorry :(

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I wouldn't go for another week. South middlebush was flooded yesterday (friday) htat means a lot. I really wouldn't go there because you won't have a good time, you'll be a filthy mess, and lasty it's not good for the trails either. Sorry :(
Thanks for the info. I'll probably join the group ride tomorrow at Hartshorne then.

Sircrashalot

I am dying to get out there but other than early morning, maybe, I think there is too much water for it to be frozen enuf to be good to ride & good for the trail....:cry:

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
How long does it need to be below freezing to firm things up? Would it be OK in the early morning tomorrow?

Tim

J-Dro

I'm not sure if people appreciate the amount of rain we just got in central NJ this week. Every crossing of the D&R canal is still closed due to flooding as of Saturday night. It doesn't matter how cold it gets tonight, 6MR is in a flood plain and will be a complete mess for a few more days.

Sircrashalot

Yeah Jeff I was out & about in that area driving and there are big secti9ons of ice on the roads from where the water in the woods just flooded across. Roads closed for same reason, etc. Its one of those deals where next time we can get into 6 mile we'll see the debris lines way up on the trees from where the water came rushing through. 6 mile swimming pool right now....might be good for ice skating in spots if we get a couple really cold days!!

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I'm not sure if people appreciate the amount of rain we just got in central NJ this week. Every crossing of the D&R canal is still closed due to flooding as of Saturday night. It doesn't matter how cold it gets tonight, 6MR is in a flood plain and will be a complete mess for a few more days.

Jeff,

Thanks for the report, I went over to Hartsthorne instead. Conditions were great, that place must drain really well.

Tim

Top Bottom