6 Hours of Cathedral Pines

dnap

Team MTBNJ Halter's
NJ was well represented! I hope you guys had as much fun racing as we had putting it on! Thanks again for coming out!

-Shoogs
I was the cowbeller...

You rocked out there!! It was the extra boost I needed every lap!!

bigW

Enjoy each moment.

Any information on the downed rider? Based on what I saw, I fear the outcome was as bad as it gets. That did not look like a location for a severe fall unless there was some loss of conciousness prior.

- W

It put the day in perspective for me. Hug your spouse/parents/kids/family each day 'cause shit happens and not on our timetable.

Mrs.G

NJ was well represented! I hope you guys had as much fun racing as we had putting it on! Thanks again for coming out!

-Shoogs
I was the cowbeller...

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! i told you that you were my favorite part of the course and i meant it! i was bummed on my last lap when i saw you had left your post, but lucky for me you were only right around the corner walking the trail... and you still cheered me on!!! what an awesome event! this was an amazing experience for me, and i hope to do it again next year.:)

Pampa

Great race. This race has really turned into a must do mtb event, thank you for hosting. The competition was better then ever this year and the chili was a hit.

Shoogs you were at the midway point were the trails merged. I was the guy who asked you if I'd get an 8th lap in. I didn't get in under the gun but was good enough for 3rd in SS class.

Fun times!

Congratulations Chris! What a great way to end the season. I'll be borrowing your training plan for next year :)

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Congratulations Chris! What a great way to end the season. I'll be borrowing your training plan for next year :)

Thanks.
We missed you out there...kinda. You woulda/coulda have kept me off the podium.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fun time

Just my thank you to all the cow bell folks and course people who stood out there all day with a smile and words of encouragement. You guys were great. The course was fun with tons of flow and twists to keep you on your toes. I will do this again for sure.. I might even do it in my age group next year so I can try and score a cool medal. I would have had 1st in my age group this year.:mad: Next year!!

DanBrodeen

Just my thank you to all the cow bell folks and course people who stood out there all day with a smile and words of encouragement. You guys were great. The course was fun with tons of flow and twists to keep you on your toes. I will do this again for sure.. I might even do it in my age group next year so I can try and score a cool medal. I would have had 1st in my age group this year.:mad: Next year!!

Good talking to you out on the trails! Always nice to have a little conversation to distract from the task at hand. PM me about any planned Mahlon rides.
Dan

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good talking to you out on the trails! Always nice to have a little conversation to distract from the task at hand. PM me about any planned Mahlon rides.
Dan
It was nice chatting it up with you as well. I still can't believe you never rode Mahlon. You have to hook up with locals and get the real tour. I only ride there like 4 times a year. Tony Wakins on the board here is who you need . He rides there and does some TM as well all the time. I will PM you for my next ride up there.

Nice job Mitch, good seeing you Saturday.

Your fast for an old guy.:D

Thanks young man;). You are not to bad yourself. Next year Im gonna try and not start in the back and have to pick past 200 riders for the first 3 laps...The mass start really had me bogged down.
It was still cool to hang with everyone after and I was glad everyone did so well. Mrs. G, Keri and Dana were all smiles out there and that was nice to see.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Another outstanding race from Something Wicked Events! The course, the venue and our hosts were great!

My race went well. Managed a 5th place finish in the Cat2 Solo 30-39.
I was in the zone flowing to a sick groove all day. Completely lost track of time, It's like I blinked my eyes and I was already heading out for a 7th lap. Good stuff.

Was glad to see MTBNJ peeps representing hard. Good job ya'll!

macdad

came up short on my goal but had such a dramatic improvement over last year (i would have lapped myself) that i am psyched... last year i only did 4 in 5:15 on a rigid SS... i got smart this year and went with a geared (1 * 10) HT and did 6 in 6:07--- was gunnin' for 6 in under six... added bonus: came in 6th in cat 3, 40-49... all told: i'll take it... and can't wait for next year... it is an outstanding event...

Shoogs

How could I not smile at a CRC jersey! ...that's right I said exquisite! 3 rd place in a tough as nails division, congrats! MrsG wore the biggest smile of the day, all day! Thanks again for coming out. We race all around the country all year long and this is our way of giving back. To those who couldn't make it, be proud...your friends raced hard and represented in style!

There a metric ton of photos being posted on the FB page, go in tag yourself and say hey!

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Hey guys - I just noticed that folks over on the Facebook page for sWe are posting RIP notices for the rider who went down during the race. I'm not even sure what exactly happened in the accident, but yesterday they said he was in a coma and today they seem to be saying he passed away. All I know about him is that his first name was Luis. I remember seeing the paramedics out there but I didn't know until after the race that there had been any serious injury. That's so sad. RIP, Luis! :(

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Those who saw him said it looked really bad. Very sad indeed.

Panhead

I saw that on FB also. There was a post from one of his friends that a medal winner stopped by and gave it to Luis today. Condolences to his family and friends.

Top Bottom