6/30, rr wma, 15-20 miles, 9am, 2-3 hrs

anrothar

entirely thrilled
tomorrow morning. 9am.

leaving from the gravel lot at taylor rd and berkshire valley rd in jefferson. ride will encompass fast and fun four wheeler trails for most of it's distance, with a short trip through mahlon dickerson. main purpose will be scouting out the trail conditions for wednesday's july fourth ride. pace will be steady, but fun. there will be a few big climbs, including one 450 footer about 4/5 miles in. there will be LESS than 2 miles of singletrack. finish on a big technical/fast/fun downhill.

directions:

from 80- exit 34b for rt 15 jefferson/sparta. at the second light on rt 15, get into the right hand lane. be prepared to exit after you crest the small hill. exit right onto berkshire valley rd. proceed till you are past all the houses. straightaway, s-turn, small bridge, and the lot will be immediately after taylor rd on the left, which is immediately after the bridge.

from rt 23- take the oak ridge rd exit(the first and third exit after that one both lead to oak ridge rd). oak ridge rd becomes berkshire valley rd in jefferson township. go through the first light, and proceed till you are past all of the houses, then continue for about 3-4 miles with woods on either side. after a long straightaway with a segmented yellow line(for passing), you will go over a really small rise and the parking lot will be on your right, before the bridge.

Last edited:
D

DANSPANK

I'm going to see Jdog at 10am this morning to borrow an F29 single speed. I'll be at 6mile at about 11am to see what all the fuss with SS is about.

Looking forward to the July 4th ride though!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
have you been to 6-mile before? great park. i couldn't see anything but a ss really being practical there, especially in the tight, twisty stuff. have fun, and see you wednesday.

D

DANSPANK

Yeah, I was there a good few months ago, unfortunately just after some rain so the place was pretty muddy and I don't think I got the full tour in. Looking forward to whipping around those trees in the first half of the park and then trying the log rollers on a 29er there too!

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
The beast is back!!He pummeled me but I survived.Now I just have to mentally prepare for Wed and mount that milk crate of roman candles to my bars.......................

Top Bottom