5X141mm Boost QR question

Citytrikeguy

Hoping there’s a wheel builder out there who can answer this.
My wife’s Giant Stance has Boost QR 5x141 rear dropout spacing and the wheelset I just purchased has a boost DT350 with Microspline freehub. Before I buy I just want to be sure that there aren’t some “special” QR end caps specifically on the drive side to convert 12x148 hubs to Boost QR 5x141.
I found a thread on MTBR that references an email to DT Swiss and the Rep confirmed that 5X135 end caps will convert a Boost hub to Boost QR. There two part numbers one for “Shimano MTB”: HWGXXX0001528S and one for Sram XD: HWGXXX00S3115S.
No mention of Microspline is what’s got me confounded.
TYA

serviceguy

I would write to DT Swiss US support ( the e-mail is in the DtSwiss.com support section), they always reply very quickly and to the point. The end caps for microspline are different from the ones for hg and xd, you may need a specific qr microspline adapter.

Citytrikeguy

I would write to DT Swiss US support ( the e-mail is in the DtSwiss.com support section), they always reply very quickly and to the point. The end caps for microspline are different from the ones for hg and xd, you may need a specific qr microspline adapter.
Thank you Service Guy. I’ll attach the answer from DT Swiss when I get it.

Citytrikeguy

There is a QR kit for Microspline.

Here is the reply from DT Swiss:

You will need the endcap kit below for your Micro Spline freehub body.

HWGXXX00S2789S QR endcap kit for Micro Spline
HWGXXX00S3115S QR endcap kit for
XD body

To convert a boost 12x148 hub to 5x141 all you need is our standard QR endcap kit compatible with the freehub body you are using, it is not a special kit. Just how a 142 hub goes to 135 with QR endcaps (-7) it does the same thing for 148 to 141 (-7)

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
There is a QR kit for Microspline.

Here is the reply from DT Swiss:

You will need the endcap kit below for your Micro Spline freehub body.

HWGXXX00S2789S QR endcap kit for Micro Spline
HWGXXX00S3115S QR endcap kit for
XD body

To convert a boost 12x148 hub to 5x141 all you need is our standard QR endcap kit compatible with the freehub body you are using, it is not a special kit. Just how a 142 hub goes to 135 with QR endcaps (-7) it does the same thing for 148 to 141 (-7)

Yes. This is correct. Boost hub with QR caps.

Top Bottom