501 Trail Report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dualfisted

I felt that the "the damage has been done" thread was a bit negative for a trail report thread. I'm starting this one as an alternative. So, to start it off.......
Allaire should be frozen solid today and uber fun for those of you who are prepared for serious cold weather riding. If anyone gets out there today (as I am working) please post up, I plan on hitting it tomorrow for a bit. Brrrrr!

betta285

Allaire was beautiful this morning. there was just a light dusting of snow on the trails, but the dirt was still dry so it rode nice and clean. The snow made some climbs a bit more slippery and covered up some gnarly roots but that's about it. A little chilly, but a beautiful ride. Great way to start the year off.

Jim

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
the trails were the best i ever rode today. me, dustin and a buddy of mine hit the trail at 11 today. ran into biknben and armyofnone. took a group photo. lol. would have like to have hit more of the park but my brakes were giving me issues again.

dualfisted

Dayyummm!!!!!!!!

I'm jealous, I haven't had one of those super fast, trails are frozen rides out there yet this year, er, season. Hope the weather holds out for me tomorrow to squeeze in a ride. Also, the picture you guys took certainly represents you all well, haha.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
prob gonna set up a ride for sunday mid morning
I think there is already a jorba ride set for sunday as I can't seem to get my days straight I may be wrong...:)
either way let me know I need to ride a lot...

dualfisted

1/2/09!!!!!!!!! Shweet!!!!! still!

WOW!!!!! Haven't had trail conditions like that since last winter! Too friggin cool! Hard and fast, jus like my sexytime, haha. Did 13.5 miles and averaged 10 mph and I was kinda takin it easy and I ran all of Tiger Woods and the River Trail. What a great time, that was my first ride since the Vitamin MTBNJ- Hartshorned ride. Now my bike has dirt on it from Allaire, Hartshorne, Allamuchy, RIngwood and Chimney Rock. The drivetrain is sparkly though, jus not the rest of the parts, haha, maintenance is a highly overrated pasttime. Get out there while it lasts, weatherman is giving some weird vibes!

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
me and mike243...aka white lightning...aka speed ball went out at prob 10:45ish the lot was by far the most packed ive seen ever. the jorba ride attracted a lot of people,we ran into 8 riders tops didnt see that group(s). back to subject trails were perfect TW was rad, the river trail was in great shape soooo smooth. the work on the hill at the end really really makes a difference zero problems for mike and i getting up. no soup at all. he estimated 16miles but it felt more like 16.5 to me

dualfisted

1/7/08 hmmmmm?

Seeing as it's been like a full on monsoon out there all day, I'm just gonna guess and say,,,, slopfest! Maybe this'll mean clear skies for the Vitamin mtbnj ride this weekend!?!?!?!? Lates, TJ

LandCruiser

Seeing as it's been like a full on monsoon out there all day, I'm just gonna guess and say,,,, slopfest! Maybe this'll mean clear skies for the Vitamin mtbnj ride this weekend!?!?!?!? Lates, TJ

Right now they are calling for A mix of snow and rain Saturday. :mad:

phathucker

im gona try and make it sunday, however my bike rack exploded from taking it off my car in the cold. Ill see if duct tape can hold it together.

are there any bike racks that dont clip to the edges of your trunk?...and i dont have a hitch.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions