501 to Ringwood????????????

dualfisted

Anyone up for this? MTBNJ group ride sun. 11/30 9am. They're coming to us in Dec, it's only right we should go check their rock gardens out. I'm planning on going, and leaving very sore from the rigid bike vibes!!!! Lates, TJ

Frank

Sasquatch
Ringwood is fun.....have a great time. BTW buy some ass cream because you are gonna be sore from dat rigid.:rofl:

dualfisted

is it that bad????

Ringwood is fun.....have a great time. BTW buy some ass cream because you are gonna be sore from dat rigid.:rofl:

I've ridden chimney rock and allamuchy, how does it compare, rock and keister beating style??? Should knockin out twelve miles @ a casual pace be some kind of issue for me?? Lemme know. 501 REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!

BiknBen

I've ridden chimney rock and allamuchy, how does it compare, rock and keister beating style??? Should knockin out twelve miles @ a casual pace be some kind of issue for me?

It is no worse than the places you mentioned. You'll be fine.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
hahahahah... i havnt even gotten started on the photoshopping. i just got a new macbook, wait till i have it installed. hahahah

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
very magical
dc_11.jpg

dualfisted

maybe jus a lil bit!

Dammit Ben I had him going......:mad:

:rofl:
But, I am pretty dedicated to trying to get to this ride. If u check the actual ride thread for this, I dropped the hint that a rigid would be on tap, and man, the nay sayers are out in force. I always tell myself when I show up @ a new place that's "rocky", that people were doing these trails before suspension was even thought of on rigid bikes and I go anyway. Where's Mike243, this ride should catch his eye???

dualfisted

photoshop, awesome!?!?!?

I can't wait to see the photoshop job of me putting on ass cream, or me with a giant ghetto booty from swelling due to Ringwood rock bounce, or photoshops of my prostate being churned into chowder. I can take the 501 heat, only cuz I'm absolutely sure it comes from a loving place, hahaha!!!!!!

antgold

the only benefit of having FS bike in rocky place is :
1. Can ride faster.
2. Can ride longer .
3. More tolerant for picking wrong line .

for casual 11 miles ride you will not encounter problem .

Glancing Aft

But, I am pretty dedicated to trying to get to this ride. If u check the actual ride thread for this, I dropped the hint that a rigid would be on tap, and man, the nay sayers are out in force. I always tell myself when I show up @ a new place that's "rocky", that people were doing these trails before suspension was even thought of on rigid bikes and I go anyway.

I used to ride ringwood in the early 90's on a huffy. Not only was it rigid, but it weighed about 50 pounds :D You'll be able to rock it just fine, we're just trying to intimidate you southern boys ;):p and as antgold said it's a casual ride, we're out there to have fun! So come on up!

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions