50 mile Chimney Rock Ride

Pklimovich

Anyone interested in attempting a 50 mile ride at chimney rock. I'll be attempting again on a Monday middle of October. Last time I got 40 miles 5 hours in and my bottom bracket blew out. I have a 27.5 plus bike so it's a comfortable ride I would suggest the same. I'll keep you posted on when even if you just do a section with me.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How do you get 50 in chimney rock?
Or should I say how many times do you ride the same trail.

Maybe you should find a place where you stop counting the same rocks every 20 minutes. I give you kudos for effort though.

Pklimovich

Thanks Fidodie I know of that route thinking of doing that in the spring didn't know I could hook up Sourlands also. I like staying within 1 park for the fact I don't have to carry much supplies. I can keep going back to car every 15 miles or so for food plus I want as much climbing as possible.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Just 6-Mile and Chimney Rock is over 50-miles. Park on Canal Road in South Bound Brook and take the D&R to 6-Mile, 6-Mile, D&R back, refuel at car, up Vosseller to Chimney Rock right into High Tech. I'm sure I have a GPX for this somewhere but I normally ride the train tracks from my house to Bound Brook.

Pklimovich

Thanks Jim I'll try yours first. I also just looked up if I start at 6 mile ride I can ride this order. Up to CR and back down Out to Sourlands and back the ride 6 miles. This would total around 70-75.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Too many boring miles linking 6 mile an CR, imo. I'd rather do 50 at CR, if you do everything you get about 20 miles, then you go in reverse then you ride in circles in the parking lot for an hour:)
@Pklimovich, there are parks up north, Wawayanda, Allamuchy, Ringwood...that you can easily do 50 miles of trail without much overlap but if you don't know these parks then CR works. Cheers

Pklimovich

Thanks @poorigy I Still need to venture up to the other parks I just got back into MTB this past year after years on the rode. I guess thats why I am so hooked on mileage. I grew up near the shore so I always rode at Allaire Hartshorn and Claytons so I know no where else

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks @poorigy I Still need to venture up to the other parks I just got back into MTB this past year after years on the rode. I guess thats why I am so hooked on mileage. I grew up near the shore so I always rode at Allaire Hartshorn and Claytons so I know no where else
Like @pearl said, I've linked Hartshorne and Huber in Monmouth County and was able to get in 40 miles. There was overlap but with 2 parks so close it provided a little variety. Also back in the day when it was on the down low I got in 50 miles linking Watcthung and South Mountain together. I had to cobble in about an hour of road but not bad considering total time was 4.5 hours.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Too many boring miles linking 6 mile an CR, imo. I'd rather do 50 at CR, if you do everything you get about 20 miles, then you go in reverse then you ride in circles in the parking lot for an hour:)
@Pklimovich, there are parks up north, Wawayanda, Allamuchy, Ringwood...that you can easily do 50 miles of trail without much overlap but if you don't know these parks then CR works. Cheers

It's only about 30 minutes each way.

Pklimovich

@Mountain Bike Mike thats crazy the loops are so small there I have only done around 10 there. The other option I have and I did last year is drive to each spot. I started at hartshorne and road 12 then drove to allaire and did 10 and drove to clayton did 10 then finally drove to six mile and did last 10. This is a just a long crazy day it was about 3 hours of driving. I rather stay in one spot and not drive. Thanks for all the advice guys. I want it to be a hard 50 if I wanted easy I would just ride my road bike lol!!

AL.

Does more trail maintenance than you, without a he
I have done chimney rock-canal-6 mile ride a few times.My house is only half mile from the canal for a refuel.I would be in for about 35 miles at cr but 50 a bit much.

Top Bottom