5 Hrs of Deer Park Sunday 7 am - Noon

Wazu

This hike will take approximatly 5 hours. It's two 9 mile loops up and down the best hills of the park with almost no fire road to speak of. The pace will be moderate yet unwavering. Bring enough food and water and the hike will start at 7 am sharp. Should be a really great morning.

N

Neen

So did you have any company? I was cleaning kitties at the shelter and now I am grouting my shower. I tell ya, the fun never stops :getsome:. Hope you had fun!!!! Pictures? Once I figure out how, I will post the Mt Tamany shots that I have.

Wazu

It was a long five hours neen. I was doing great for the first loop but like a fool I met Ryan in the woods instead of at the car for the second loop. I dehydrated pretty badly, headache, sluggish, almost nauseous...the whole thing. Lucky I had no cramps. What a greenie 101 mistake. I still have a whopper of a headache now and that was four hours ago. Ryan loved to see me suffer too. He was hiking faster than me at the end and he even took the opportunity to declare, "I should enjoy this. It prolly won't happen again any time soon." I hope he's right.

Walkabout..

I think I'll join you during the near future..... Perhaps I can talk you into some exploration in ....... hmm .. Stephens! (imagine that).

Wazu

Lets do Stephens

I'd love to do a Stephens hike. Post it Strato and I'll be the first one there if its a Sunday. How bout this Sunday? :)

Wazu

Sometimes strolling helps rolling better than rolling helps rolling.;)

Update: I wasn't dehydrated. I have a WICKED sinus infection and swollen glands I caught from my dearest and beautiful wife.

Last edited:
N

Neen

Well just out of curiousity, you did bring water with you right? and food?
Guess you guys will be ringing in the New Year with your tissues! :p Hope you guys feel better soon, Ger!

Wazu

In retrospect I do believe I had enough water before and during my hike. I just couldn't think of any other reason to feel so lousy. Whatever...we all get sick and now it's my turn!

Mare

Wazu: Sorry I missed the hike. I just had to go to Breakneck Ridge. It was fun, BUT after hiking for 5 hours, we (me, poor unsuspecting Marc, and Opie) were on a mountain top with nothing but mountain tops in every direction. It was getting dark, windy, and cold. Minimal food and water. Storm expected. Uh oh...panic starting to set it. I knew something went wrong at the last intersection 1.5 hours ago! This hike was supposed to be over in 3 hours. The darn book...I thought I followed the directions correctly. 911: I am lost!!!! 2 hours later...what? lights in the distance? Look...a dirt road, a few lights, and a car not too far off...ahh... can you tell me where I am? Out comes the husband with a shot gun. Well, luckily he wasn't pointing at us. Still on the phone with 911...they came to get us and drive us for the 20 minute drive back to the car, on the OTHER side of the mountain. Ohhhhhh!!! I got it. Ended in a nice restaraunt with snow falling outside the window. Maybe, just maybe, next time you will join me instead!

Last edited:

Mare

Wazu: My photos are too large to post here. Maybe tomorrow's project at work will be to shrink them down. Send me your email address and I will send you pics of what you missed! You mainly missed climbing large rocks and cliffs, and delicious calamari!

Wazu

Wazu: Sorry I missed the hike. I just had to go to Breakneck Ridge. It was fun, BUT after hiking for 5 hours, we (me, poor unsuspecting Marc, and Opie) were on a mountain top with nothing but mountain tops in every direction. It was getting dark, windy, and cold. Minimal food and water. Storm expected. Uh oh...panic starting to set it. I knew something went wrong at the last intersection 1.5 hours ago! This hike was supposed to be over in 3 hours. The darn book...I thought I followed the directions correctly. 911: I am lost!!!! 2 hours later...what? lights in the distance? Look...a dirt road, a few lights, and a car not too far off...ahh... can you tell me where I am? Out comes the husband with a shot gun. Well, luckily he wasn't pointing at us. Still on the phone with 911...they came to get us and drive us for the 20 minute drive back to the car, on the OTHER side of the mountain. Ohhhhhh!!! I got it. Ended in a nice restaraunt with snow falling outside the window. Maybe, just maybe, next time you will join me instead!

Holy freaking crap Mare! I hate when shit like that happens...that is until I'm on my couch later thinking... I lived life today. Sorry I missed it! Hey just for the record, didn't you get us lost once at Ringwood? I could be wrong (and monkeys might fly out my butthole too.) I don't know what I'm gonna feel like yet as far as this week's hike. I'm on antibiotics (but doubling up on acidophillus). If my neck/head situation doesn't get better by friday I have to go for an MRI. I'm a little spooked but I'm sure I'll be okay. I'll definately let you know of my availability asap. My kids are making it impossible for me :)to type any more so I'll be going now! I'll keep ya posted, and again, sorry I missed the adventure! Next time...

Mare

Lost? At Ringwood? I don't recall. I remember following that marked trail. What trail were you on?? :) I can show you lost though, if you'd like!

Sorry you are under the weather. :drooling: Would you get better so we can do something fun and exciting? Thanks.

Top Bottom