5 boroughs Ride NYC

stoked

We took Lafayette to Park ave then cut in by 59st to Central park when group of us did this 7 years ago. This way we cut in front and didn't have that much traffic to worry about. You always have to be on the defensive and ride faster than people around you.

5 boro is fun the 1st time if you never done it.If you have bunch of friends just want to have fun and mess around it is a great way to see the city and ride on highways. Don't forget to join Mergs for guinnes.

Another tip- some friends of mine typically ride up the west side highway bike path rather than suffering through the masses up sixth ave, then jump back into the group in Central Park. Helps them get ahead of the pack that way.

If you're familiar with NYC streets, it's not hard at all to find the quick ways of beating the traffic jams...

D

DANSPANK

I read that Specialized will be there at the finish line on Staten Island. if you like their bikes then I'm sure they're showcasing them...

TKR

getting out front means getting there early too so you can at least line up close to the front.
also, park in staten island so you only have to wait for the ferry in the morning, not to go back. I have seen line ups to get the ferry going back that looked like hours!!

definitely not a problem on the road bike. the mtb will feel slow on the road, even with street tires. for the flats and downhills it will be undergeared.

RyGanley

Yeah - accusing me of being a cheap bastard! And I've never once criticised your bloody weather predictions! Where's that Norm poll again? I may have to cast my vote...

Dan you cheap Bastered, I am getting a front position. To bad you don't want to join us.

Top Bottom