5.5" Travel 29er..

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i have been excited about this bike for a while - nice to see it 'coming out' finally.

one thing... is that fork really fitted with a quick release?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
i have been excited about this bike for a while - nice to see it 'coming out' finally.

one thing... is that fork really fitted with a quick release?

15qr is a new standard. I rode this in Utah on the new Giants. Think of it like a slow release that need no tools.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
sounds interesting - so i guess it 'feels' more solid than a standard QR fork... IMHO, bigger travel bikes that have QRs on the fork never made total sense to me.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
they have lunch money. thats usually what falls out of thier pockets when i hold them upside down by their feet for not paying up!

walter

Fourth Party
According to my math, a 5.5 bike with 29in wheels equates to about 47 inches of travel. I'm right, right?

jdog

Shop Keep
According to my math, a 5.5 bike with 29in wheels equates to about 47 inches of travel. I'm right, right?

Yeah.. This is bike that has no home in my stable but there are many people who could really take advantage of it.

I would love to take one to Whistler..

Road trip!

don

J - have you seen any of the work from Alex @ BCD? He's been trying to put a legit 29" DH race rig together for years. Actually I think he's been running one for a while. Here is a 2D thread he had on RM: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174735

A pic from his site: http://bcdracing.com/psycho-billy-cadillac/inedible.htm

I like the headtube setup on that niner. I know it's yet another size but the 1.5" lower just seems to make sense to me especially with aluminum longer travel bikes.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I could put that bike through its paces. ;) And I've been watching as they've been developing it since 2005. Pretty awesome how they've put together the total package and tapped into all the nice technologies that the "big boys" are rolling out- the tapered headtube with 1.5 internal lower headset cups (which make SO much sense on longer travel bikes- I LOVE the 1.5 headset on my Uzzi VPX), short-ish stays (hard to find on 29ers), OEM fork (although Zoke ATA forks blow- I hope there's a way to convert it to coil), cable routing for Joplin/GD seatpost, Maxle rear dropout option, bolt-on FD with high-clearance design, ISCG tabs, etc.

This Niner promises to be everything that the Lenz Behemoth is, but with a much better suspension design. Hope there will be some test-ride opportunities with it- I'd even love to do some runs on one at Diablo.

jdog

Shop Keep
It is amazing that such a small company is pushing forward while the big guys wait and watch.

The big guys wait till it is safe and then they copy what the small guys do.

Lots of bike here. No small feat on so many levels.

Top Bottom