$400 to spend, what mtn bike to buy??

if you do ALL your riding at allaire, and youre interested in the motobecanes, go with the outcast 29..its 400 bucks, ss and rigid..you do not need suspension at allaire, i ride my SS cross bike there and LOVE it.

if you plan on going alot of other places, then id check out bikes with a suspension fork, but for allaire, there is no need at all for suspension

Still can't imagine going through allaire with one speed. Is it geared low enough to get through the orange trail? There's that one staircase on the orange/white trail that is pretty slow going, and the gravelly hill before that. Do you walk the uphills? I needed at least 5 speeds with my mongoose.

you can do it! ss is the ultimate test :)
i did a couple of the hills at allaire in my ss, i admit it wasnt the best option, but looking back and saying "i did this whole trail in one gear" puts a shame to the full suspension 3944 speeds riders you pass ;)

hills in allaire? where?..come up north..there are hills here

i can ride all of allaire on a 39-16 you will be happy with a ss rigid there

You inspire me. To me a 39-16 sounds like a giant 39oz beer and a 1lb steak. :D

Not saying I won't get there- it will just take me a little while.:hmmm:

btw- i just ordered a Windsor Cliff 29 Comp. I know I know :cool: but hey it does have the lockshox so lets call it a rigid. And I'll stay in one gear for awhile for you SS guys. :D

Thanks for everyones advice. And I'm looking forward to some group rides next Spring. Wish me luck!

Thanks.

The guy with the rockhopper was out of town and just got back to me this morning. Oh well.

I think I did just fine with the windsor 29. Can't wait till it gets here.

Finally got some seat time on the new cliff 29r. HUGE difference compared to my old bike. This thing just goes and goes.

2062009130033940199S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom