4 days…

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
If I wanted to go to Raystown, how long would it take to ride the entire trail system? I could head there Thursday morning and ride a bunch and then head back to state college. Then do Friday and Saturday at Rothrock, Sunday at Rattling and head home. That could be perfect.
You would have no issue riding it all in one day. It's a good ride if you do (about 30 miles - more if you do every single trail because you'll have to do some doubling back to make that happen.) I did that kind of ride with @Mountain Bike Mike a few years ago. A group of us met at Raystown on a Friday around noon or so, then we rode pretty much all of it that afternoon and Mike and I headed up to State College and rode the Coopers Gap Epic on Saturday while the rest of the group stayed to ride more at Raystown. What you're describing is a LOT of tech, but it's doable. If you're doing two days at Rothrock, it could be Coopers Gap and the Trail Mix course for a tour of most of the great stuff. DOing RC on Sunday would be the icing on the cake to a great weekend. That idea sounds awesome.

xc62701

You would have no issue riding it all in one day. It's a good ride if you do (about 30 miles - more if you do every single trail because you'll have to do some doubling back to make that happen.) I did that kind of ride with @Mountain Bike Mike a few years ago. A group of us met at Raystown on a Friday around noon or so, then we rode pretty much all of it that afternoon and Mike and I headed up to State College and rode the Coopers Gap Epic on Saturday while the rest of the group stayed to ride more at Raystown. What you're describing is a LOT of tech, but it's doable. If you're doing two days at Rothrock, it could be Coopers Gap and the Trail Mix course for a tour of most of the great stuff. DOing RC on Sunday would be the icing on the cake to a great weekend. That idea sounds awesome.
Yea I was thinking the Trail Mix course for one day and one of the ts epic days for the other. Tusseys is a must. RC is closer to home so why not hit that and I’ll be closer to home.

JDurk

Yea I was thinking the Trail Mix course for one day and one of the ts epic days for the other. Tusseys is a must. RC is closer to home so why not hit that and I’ll be closer to home.
I have a Tussey loop starting at Bear Meadows Rd lot that doesn't have the to/from TSE basecamp if you're interested. Has all the good stuff.

xc62701

I have a Tussey loop starting at Bear Meadows Rd lot that doesn't have the to/from TSE basecamp if you're interested. Has all the good stuff.
Sweet! Send it over. I'm just going to pull some files from ridewithgps for the other days.

xc62701

Luckily, Ryan knows what kind of trails we like. More importantly, he knows what kind of beer I like.
:thumbsup: We will have plenty of rocks and plenty of beers. I'm stoked for this. It's a good thing I'm doing IronCross this weekend to help prep for this long weekend.

Mountain Bike Mike

That was a great time…

Top Bottom