31/31 ---> JULY 2017! CONTEST! WIN $100!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Day#2.

Had an MTB Epic planned but found out I left all my gear in my wife's car yesterday. D'oh!! Quick loop down the Canal and back.

Screenshot_20170702-125125.png

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Day 1 - At Middle Run, where they're turning several trails into pavement and/or shitty cinder paths. Due to the reroute, though, at least I did find the terminus of the original Mason Dixon line

35544972091_60cc24aa30_b.jpg

Little rain early on ...

35288111390_cb2bd85960_b.jpg

Never noticed this out there before ...

Day 2 - Sauna ride in Wiss on too big of a gear ...

35544972421_1b6b4489b1_b.jpg

Running out of water on a day this hot meant a quick stop at Bruno's after the ride ...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 2

Woke up early and drove to New Hampshire because...well, that's almost Vermont. We kicked off our Vermont week early by hitting the neighboring state and checking out the top rated park (according to singletracks.com) in the state. Bear Brook State Park.

It's nice to ride in a state that doesn't shut down for the July 4th weekend. We happily dished out $8 to enter the park and ride. As it turns out that $8 allowed us to jump in the swimming hole after, so that was a double bonus.

Trails were ok in spots, fun in others, and atrocious on the fringe. Given that we didn't know where we were going it was a decent day with a few hiccups. But if this is the best the state has to offer I'm not moving here anytime soon.

July Challenge Day 2: At which point we drive to New Hampshire and ride a new park for 2 hours

2:02:27
14.6 miles

Overall
Days: 2
Rides: 2
Time: 4:18 (+18 minutes over target)

IMG_5159.JPG

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 3

Woke up in New Hampshire and decided to hit another local park (#3 on the list) which was touted as well-built but somewhat limited park. The place did not disappoint as this was pretty much on the mark. The trails were really well done, well marked, and easy to enjoy. We did as much as we could and didn't want to repeat the whole park, so we dialed it back a bit under 2 hours as we have lots of riding left this week. We also had to drive a few hours, grab some lunch, and go shopping before we hit the team house at Kingdom.

The ride says we rode with 2 people, but we just kinda rode in the same sort of direction for a while. The pic below shows just how much it has rained up here lately. That's the trail going ENTIRELY underwater. Not passable at all.

July Challenge Day 3: Many MANY squiggly lines all jammed together in one really well built trail system

1:39:16
10.3 miles

Overall

Days: 3
Rides: 3
Time: 5:57 (3 minutes under goal)

19601175_10212826880762812_6039250957995420509_n.jpg

Ian F

FOMBA next time... http://www.fomba.org/trail-map.html Same general area and loaded with nice single-track.

It's funny... when I was in Portsmouth for much of 2016, I didn't really ride much singletrack. Partly because I had a season pass for Highland and had a new M16C to play with. And then I discovered I could do Kingdom Trails as a day-trip. Add to that some nice (if somewhat flat) road riding and the end result was very little trail riding got done in NH. :oops:

Top Bottom