31/31 ---> JULY 2017! CONTEST! WIN $100!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I will give this a shot. I have a three day backpacking trip in July. I could get a ride in the first & third day. The second day will have to be the TM substitute. Unless I pack a unicycle up the mountain and ride it in circles for an hour. Need to learn how to ride a unicycle first....
please post videos,

kthanks.

I may actually be able to make an attempt at this finally, every year so far iv been away for time in july, this year we leave on the 30 so that would make 1 day difficult

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Going to try to do this. It has not been a good bike year so far so hopefully this can make it fun to ride with a purpose again!

Mountain Bike Mike

My idol and mentor advised me to do this...

I'm in

518D45DB-2B95-4C59-876A-BEC2AF27605C_zpsidveczwe.gif

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok.....
In.
1/31 done. 56+ minutes with the kid at 6MR and a few minutes post bike wash to round it up to an hour.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 1

Throwing my hat in the ring. I'll try to make every day of this month something interesting. I cannot promise 31 interesting rides nor can I even guarantee I'll ride 31 days. But I got 1. And 1 is more than 0. I am also tempted to throw some prizes into the pot to help @jdog get people to participate. I'll think on that, but I am thinking of offering something up to anyone who rides more hours than me. My goal is to average 2 hours/day.

On that note, calling on @stb222 - are you in?

Today I wasn't able to make the MTBNJ groupie ride at KVSP due to family obligations but I did hit the road after my schedule freed up and rode up to meet the crew at @jmanic's crib where he made me a cheeseburger that made the ride up worth it. Only got hit by rain for 2 minutes and otherwise it was a nice day. Felt good out there today. Props to @Dominique for the ride idea.

July Challenge Day 1: Biking from home to Jason & Elizabeth's BBQ up near KVSP

2:16
37.6 miles

IMG_5154.JPG

Frank

Sasquatch
Did the work thing this morning and managed a rather humid ride after work. 1:09 on the books for me today and I would have done more in the woods had my bottom bracket not sounded, or felt like a wicker basket which drove me a tad batty.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Day 1

Throwing my hat in the ring. I'll try to make every day of this month something interesting. I cannot promise 31 interesting rides nor can I even guarantee I'll ride 31 days. But I got 1. And 1 is more than 0. I am also tempted to throw some prizes into the pot to help @jdog get people to participate. I'll think on that, but I am thinking of offering something up to anyone who rides more hours than me. My goal is to average 2 hours/day.

On that note, calling on @stb222 - are you in?

Today I wasn't able to make the MTBNJ groupie ride at KVSP due to family obligations but I did hit the road after my schedule freed up and rode up to meet the crew at @jmanic's crib where he made me a cheeseburger that made the ride up worth it. Only got hit by rain for 2 minutes and otherwise it was a nice day. Felt good out there today. Props to @Dominique for the ride idea.

July Challenge Day 1: Biking from home to Jason & Elizabeth's BBQ up near KVSP

2:16
37.6 miles

View attachment 54026
Yeah, I am here. Casually. I'm game for more hours, I hat tricked over 60 hours in March, April, May so we will see.

Ian F

First ride was a doozy: https://www.strava.com/activities/1062811688/

Allamuchy "Three Parks route" with a teammate.

The main parking areas were closed, so we found another lot to start from. A side affect is we saw practically nobody on the trails over near 26 miles. It was kinda eerie. We did see some rangers & police, but they left us alone. We also made sure to give them as little opportunity as possible ("doesn't look like they're going to chase us, but let's not give them any time to think about it... ").

"Almost" went to Patapsco to ride with some DC teammates but after yesterday my legs are cooked. Going out in a few to get a short road ride in before it gets too hot.

Top Bottom