300 psi Fox High Pressure digital shock pump - Not turning off

serviceguy

I have this pump, after the first few times I used it it wouldn't shut down so it eventually drained the battery. I replace the battery with a new one and everything worked fine. I picked it up yesterday and if was dead again, replaced the battery and and now it's not shutting down again. There's no ON/OFF switch I guess it uses a timer after seeing any measurable pressure to switch itself off, except it doesn't... what gives? Anybody had the same problem. I'm about to go @jklett on it...
PU0004_2db39330-c36c-4fed-a63f-4b8d4086899a_x1024.jpg

jklett

I got a weed burner you can borrow.

Here's another idea, have you contacted Fox about it?

cbiker

or put one of the batteries in backwards thats what i do with headlamps in my backpacks. So i have light when i need it

serviceguy

If nothing else works take the batteries out when your not using it
That is a little unpractical given the small size of the 4 screws that need to be removed to get to the actual gauge unit and access the battery door. basically you nee to take the pump apart.

or put one of the batteries in backwards thats what i do with headlamps in my backpacks. So i have light when i need it
Again, not practical because what mentioned before, plus installing the battery backward may damage the electronic circuitry in some cases (depends on the design). Not knowing the design, I'd rather not doing it.

Obligatory, have you tried turning it on and off?
You mean 'reboot' ? Tried that a couple of times, no luck.

or ignore the pressure and set the shock to the proper amount of sag
That's what I did when setting sag as it wasn't too far off. May became a little bit of a lengthy operation if starting from scratch (i.e. after maintenance to the shock or after a long period sitting in the garage). I paid for the gauge, I want it to work...

serviceguy

if I hold the button down about 10 seconds it goes off then on again. Probably a defective button. I did work at some point but it doesn't anymore.

Top Bottom