30 Day Challenge

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pics are good.

Give up the Coffee Quest. It's a red herring and it's wasting your focus and effort.

And...reading that you "did not eat much breakfast" and your lunch was "mostly comprised of Doritos" makes it hard for me to take this seriously. While I'm pulling for you, or anyone who really wants to make a change, it's hard to read that and think your mind is really set to make it happen. Just being honest.

Pics are good.

Give up the Coffee Quest. It's a red herring and it's wasting your focus and effort.

And...reading that you "did not eat much breakfast" and your lunch was "mostly comprised of Doritos" makes it hard for me to take this seriously. While I'm pulling for you, or anyone who really wants to make a change, it's hard to read that and think your mind is really set to make it happen. Just being honest.

Right on as far as coffe is concerned. In fact, after a few days of drinking a few mugs in the morning, I feel more energized -- or maybe I'm just back in an old comfortable habit that makes me feel good, not necessarily energized.

As far as the breakfast/lunch debacle of this past Sunday, I really did not eat much food (until dinner). I was preoccupied with painting bedrooms, ceilings and hallways and ignored eating until I was too hungry to control my appetite. YES, this DOES happen sometimes. It made me aware that I must eat more regularly and pay more attention to the quality and frequency of my nutrient intake; this will help with the the quantity battle.

I really dislike being in a state of flux like I am right now but its very temporary. Come Saturday we'll be settled into new house and I am getting my diet under control. For now I must focus on eating well and moving when I can. By next Monday I will have a road ride under my belt - a long overdue ride, and one I will not put off no matter what.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Where are you moving to? Same town, or further away? I grew up in Bloomsbury incidentally.

Where are you moving to? Same town, or further away? I grew up in Bloomsbury incidentally.

We came from Branchburg, and to Branchburg we do return...

I love living out here in Stewartsville except for being far from family and school. Our current residence is not in any proximity to safe roads for running (which I CAN do with daughter) but is great for road riding routes (maybe I'm a nervous nancy but I want roads with shoulders and minimal 18-wheeler traffic when I head out with jogging stroller). We are going back to my husband's boyhood home in Branchburg, buying his parent's house (lucky us!). Smack in the middle of the gorgeous, rural roads of the Somerset Hills to run and ride. My favorite is the climb from Whitehouse up into Tewksbury and Califon.

I promise I will post my Scene While Riding pics as soon as I have something to show for my efforts. I've put off having another child so I can focus on doing well with my job and get my fitness to stellar levels. I've lost my way a bit over the past few weeks but a conscientious analysis of my path has shown me my missteps and revealed places where I can move in a better direction.

IT IS A GOOD IDEA to commit your goals to writing, but one must also REVIEW those goals and their associated content from time to time. My review of goal-associated content has taught me much about what I am doing right and wrong, and helped me approach my goals with renewed enthusiasm and (perhaps most importantly) stricter discipline.

Top Bottom