3 days at Kingdom - Columbus Day Weekend

xc62701

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet but I'm debating a trip up to Kingdom Trails in Vermont. They close Nov 2nd and I've been dying to get up there but haven't yet this season. This 3 day weekend is my only shot this year so I was curious if anyone else had some interest. It would be fun to ride with some other crazies. At this point I'm debating about climbing in VT or WV, or Riding in VT or NJ.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
I'm not sure what I'm doing yet but I'm debating a trip up to Kingdom Trails in Vermont. They close Nov 2nd and I've been dying to get up there but haven't yet this season. This 3 day weekend is my only shot this year so I was curious if anyone else had some interest. It would be fun to ride with some other crazies. At this point I'm debating about climbing in VT or WV, or Riding in VT or NJ.

Kingdom Trails is well worth the trip! Just keep an eye on the weather up there. If there is a chance of rain, I would suggest not going. Check Weather.com for East Burke, VT.

Another side benefit to going to the Kingdom Trails -- there is a Louis Gareau outlet 30 minutes north there in Newport (near the Canadian border). I've gotten gloves for $5, booties for $5, jackets for $25 -- one time, they even had their carbon helmet for $50 -- unfortunately it was a medium and I have a bucket head. Plus, you get 20% off by having a coupon from the Kingdom Trails. Not too shabby.

Glancing Aft

Damn it, I have a race and a family picnic that weekend. Perhaps I'll skip out on both :hmmm: I've been dieing to get up there too.

BiknBen

This 3 day weekend is my only shot this year so I was curious if anyone else had some interest. It would be fun to ride with some other crazies.

I also have an itch to get up there. Let me check the calendar.

THATmanMANNY

you ppl get off columbus day!!! :mad:

If any solid plans surface, be sure to post..... interested :hmmm:

I’ve been itching since I read article on KT in mountainbikemag

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
Looks like I'm goin up saturday night. A bunch of my friends are up that weekend. Some are camping and others are renting a house. Ryan, let me know if you want to come up saturday night.

xc62701

Kingdom Trails is well worth the trip! Just keep an eye on the weather up there. If there is a chance of rain, I would suggest not going. Check Weather.com for East Burke, VT.

Another side benefit to going to the Kingdom Trails -- there is a Louis Gareau outlet 30 minutes north there in Newport (near the Canadian border). I've gotten gloves for $5, booties for $5, jackets for $25 -- one time, they even had their carbon helmet for $50 -- unfortunately it was a medium and I have a bucket head. Plus, you get 20% off by having a coupon from the Kingdom Trails. Not too shabby.

Awesome I had no idea about the outlet.

xc62701

Looks like I'm goin up saturday night. A bunch of my friends are up that weekend. Some are camping and others are renting a house. Ryan, let me know if you want to come up saturday night.

Sweet I'll keep ya posted, I'll be going up Friday night and coming back Monday night. All weather pending of course...

Judge Smails

Was up there a few weeks ago and the conditions were perfect, we got 2 good days in. They've added a few new trails this year so keep an eye out (specifically for Tap & Die).

Also, it's starting to get chilly up there so be prepared.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Judge Smails;96264 Also said:
And it does get chilly up there.
Making hotel reservations for my group in late January...in speaking with the front desk I inquired how much snow was on the trails at KT and she casually replied 'due to a recent warm spell, they were to 38" down from 52" ' the previous week.

It's a great place to ride.

xc62701

i'll be doin this. New river gorge area.

as well as doin 24 miles of gauley river damn release.

When are you going climbing in WV? Have you been to NRG yet? I've been twice and I'm hooked. I wanna go back REAL soon. I'm actually thinking I'll get there for Nov 6-9th.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
When are you going climbing in WV? Have you been to NRG yet? I've been twice and I'm hooked. I wanna go back REAL soon. I'm actually thinking I'll get there for Nov 6-9th.

i'll be there Columbus day weekend. Last time i was there was 2/3 years ago but i was a total deca-noob back then and didn't do anything special. hopefully this time around i'll get some more time in on the rocks.

xc62701

i'll be there Columbus day weekend. Last time i was there was 2/3 years ago but i was a total deca-noob back then and didn't do anything special. hopefully this time around i'll get some more time in on the rocks.

Make sure you get to the Kaymoor area. There are some uber-classic climbs there. Check out Flight of the Gumby 5.9, Green Piece 5.10b, and a few others right in that general area. It's beautiful. I can't wait to get back.

Top Bottom