3 days at Kingdom - Columbus Day Weekend

trener1

I'm planing on heading up to the Kingdom trails this coming weekend.
I plan on being there Friday through Monday.
Will be going with my Girlfriend so I won't be riding all 4 days, but I'd love a ride partner for 1-2 of the days, if you have never been there, you are going to love it, this will be my 3rd visit.
Let me know if you will be there.

xc62701

I'm planing on heading up to the Kingdom trails this coming weekend.
I plan on being there Friday through Monday.
Will be going with my Girlfriend so I won't be riding all 4 days, but I'd love a ride partner for 1-2 of the days, if you have never been there, you are going to love it, this will be my 3rd visit.
Let me know if you will be there.
Where are you staying? I'm looking for a possible campground to stay at. It's going to be a budget trip if it happens. I'm still on the fence. It's either going to be an epic weekend at Kingdom or an epic weekend home. Either way it'll be fun.

trener1

Hey Dude,

you should totally come, I'm down for some epic riding.

I am staying at this place in Newport which is about 7 miles from East Burke where the trails are. it's called

Chonee's Haus der Traume they have a small gust cottage that goes for $35 a night. I just spoke to her this afternoon and it was still available.

So essentially you can do "indoor" camping for $35.
They don't have a web site, but if you are interested I can PM you the email address and phone number.

xc62701

Hey Dude,

you should totally come, I'm down for some epic riding.

I am staying at this place in Newport which is about 7 miles from East Burke where the trails are. it's called

Chonee's Haus der Traume they have a small gust cottage that goes for $35 a night. I just spoke to her this afternoon and it was still available.

So essentially you can do "indoor" camping for $35.
They don't have a web site, but if you are interested I can PM you the email address and phone number.

Hmmm...very tempting. When you say epic riding, what are you thinking of doing? I know there's plenty to explore there so I'm sure I could keep busy exploring. I'm looking at coming up Friday night and riding all Sat Sun and part of Mon.

trener1

I know you are a pretty fast guy :) so I am not sure what your idea of epic is...
I can't ride all three days because I need to spend some time with my girl...
But I'd be down for some serious riding... when I do ride, a good 4-5 hours.
I am sure that you would be able to hook up with other guys when I am not riding, there are always plenty of fast guys from Quebec there.

Don't forget they got some great beer up there as well.
Ever had Trout River beer.. yummm
http://www.troutriverbrewing.com/ they are only open Friday and Saturday.
I'll probably hit it Friday Night.

Just do it bro.

Last edited:

xc62701

Looks like there will be plenty of people to ride with...
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=207016

I found the link off of the mtbr site no biggie. Looks like there will be quite a group of people up there this weekend. It might be too many people actually to do a group ride with. Smaller groups like 3-5 work well. Anyway I'll probably be looking to ride about 5 hours a day. Whether that is in one shot or before and after lunch is another story. I won't be looking to kill it out there I just want to have fun and get away for a bit. It'll depend on the weather too but so far it looks good...

trener1

Yeah I guess that I got excited when I saw that, but the more I think about I realize that your right 20 people riding down the trail together can get a bit unwieldy.
5 hours sounds good, the way the trails are set up it's hard to get out for lunch,
then get back in, though I am sure that it's doable. so usually I pack a Pb&J sandwich and stop on the trail for a lunch break/rest mid ride.

xc62701

Cool I saw that just wondering if one is better than the other. I've got a call into Burke Mtn campground a few mins ago to see if they have room. Awaiting a response. I know it's going to cost some loot just to get there so I want to do lodging cheap. I don't mind chilling in the tent(Especially this time of the year I'll really be chilling ;)

trener1

Sorry can't help you on that one.
If you do camp make sure to bring some warm clothes.
While the forecast looks perfect for riding, the night look be pretty chillin alright up there :eek:.

xc62701

Well the signs are pointing against me. I called the nearest campground and they're booked. I also did some calculations and it's gonna cost over $100 bucks to drive up, plus food, plus trail fees...blah blah blah. So I'm unfortunately going to bail. I'm going to make it an epic weekend home.

It looks like I'm going to be riding all 3 days in some place or another. Eyeing up Wawayanda, Allamuchy, Blue and maybe a long road ride. There's also a bunch of TM I'd like to do as well. I'll have to see how much I can shoehorn into my epic -at home- weekend. Thanks for the info anyway!

trener1

Wow!!
Got back late last night.
4 Days of epic riding in the sweetest single track I have ever seen, lots of fast rolling trails with plenty of rolling climbs and howling fast descents, along with tight rooty twisty stuff, only crashed once in 4 days... :D
Still can't wipe the grin off my face.
The weather coporated as well sunny days, started out with arm and knee warmers but peeled them off mid way through the rides all 4 days.
I am pretty sore now, but man that was fun.

So I am thinking that I'd like to head back up later this month either the weekend of the 24th, or the first weekend of November, any takers?.

xc62701

Sweet! Glad you had a good time. I rode a lot over the weekend around here. Counting today that's 4 days in a row with 12 hours of riding alltogether. It's been a blast.

Top Bottom