2019 Size Large-Carbon Santa Cruz Hightower 29er

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
So I went to Ridgewood Cycle yesterday and inquired about the new Chameleon as I want to get a 2nd hardtail to replace my Hightower. The shop owner just looks at me and says not until 2023.

Had a few offers below my asking price this week for the Hightower. Maybe I should hold off on selling the Hightower for now as not the greatest available alternatives currently to replace it.

Last edited:

moose35

So I found a hardtail I’m going to buy(not a Santa Cruz though). Lowering my selling price to $3,600. Will keep it posted here for a few weeks then will post it on Pinkbike. Of course if I sell it sooner then it won’t be here for a few weeks 😁
What are you getting?
And why hasn't this sold yet?

Mtbdog

So I found a hardtail I’m going to buy(not a Santa Cruz though). Lowering my selling price to $3,600. Will keep it posted here for a few weeks then will post it on Pinkbike. Of course if I sell it sooner then it won’t be here for a few weeks 😁
Lynskey or Sage?
Am I close.?

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Thanks @moose35, I think the Pivots that sold this week temporarily skewed the numbers as those were crazy cheap even by pre pandemic standards. I think my Hightower is really priced to sell so expect it to go quick at this point(heck or I’ll just keep it as one can’t have too many bikes). @Mtbdog, I’ve got the order form filled out for the Turner Titanium but didn’t hit the send button yet.
I hear that steel is real but not sure how real titanium is…

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Rode Jungle Habitat today on my hardtail, and while I was able to do it, was just a bit much. Even though I ride my hardtail almost all the time, I realized that one(if they ride various types of terrain) should have at least one full suspension in their collection. Withdrawing my Hightower from the market. Good luck everyone with their search. Thanks all for the kind comments.E92968B5-F0F4-428B-B047-454564C8BE03.jpeg

kbajaj

Rode Jungle Habitat today on my hardtail, and while I was able to do it, was just a bit much. Even though I ride my hardtail almost all the time, I realized that one(if they ride various types of terrain) should have at least one full suspension in their collection. Withdrawing my Hightower from the market. Good luck everyone with their search. Thanks all for the kind comments.View attachment 169600
Just when I was about to offer above asking…

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
So I probably should have started a blog as this thread is more on par with that format than trying to sell my bike. I keep going back and forth between selling and keeping it as it’s a really nice bike but I no longer have an interest in riding a full suspension bike. Took the Hightower to Sterling yesterday as my hardtail is in the shop for maintenance. The Hightower was very comfortable but I miss the constant action of a hardtail. I’m going to list the Hightower for sale one more time. My other option is to buy a hardtail frame, take the components off the Hightower then sell the Hightower frame(as the 2 different hardtail bikes I am interested in sold out). At this time though I am listing the Hightower as a complete bike at $3,600.

Last edited:

JerseyPete

As someone who had a Trek 9500 and a Klein Mantra and went OTB too many times, find your sag height and replace the shock with some aluminum stock that has the holes drilled at the sag measurement. Let me know the measurement and the hole size. I may still have the pieces somewhere.
Hardtail when you want it and swap the shock back in when you want to go back. Probably voids some warranty though.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
As someone who had a Trek 9500 and a Klein Mantra and went OTB too many times, find your sag height and replace the shock with some aluminum stock that has the holes drilled at the sag measurement. Let me know the measurement and the hole size. I may still have the pieces somewhere.
Hardtail when you want it and swap the shock back in when you want to go back. Probably voids some warranty though.
Interesting idea @JerseyPete. No OTB issues on this bike and it rides fine, I just don’t want or need a FS any longer. The only place I was under biked on my hardtail was Jungle last week but due mostly to riding it in the wrong direction as some of my friends that like to climb wanted to go up Fish🤷🏻‍♂️. Otherwise was fine on Babs and Boon as well as Otter Slide. At least that’s what I keep telling myself 😁.

JerseyPete

Can you get a rear shock that completely locks out? I know it is still heavier than a Ti hardtail, but it would be a shame to sell something that is hard to get if you change your mind later.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
@thegock, good question, size large, weight is around 30 pounds. Spec is technically custom. Build components listed on page 1. @JerseyPete, I ride my DV9 Hardtail almost all of the time so whatever I get is a backup bike. Thinking of building a heavy duty hardtail maybe plus tires as my DV9 is a “down country” style so want some variety. Gotta love the categories these days.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
@thegock, good question, size large, weight is around 30 pounds. Spec is technically custom. Build components listed on page 1. @JerseyPete, I ride my DV9 Hardtail almost all of the time so whatever I get is a backup bike. Thinking building a heavy duty hardtail maybe plus tires as my DV9 is a “down country” style so want some variety. Gotta love these categories these days.

Hang onto it. Your lower back will change your mind about the need for a FS bike.

But if you must sell - 10 clams!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom