2x72 Belt Sander/Grinder

Captain Brainstorm

Yes, I know its not bike related but there's quite a diverse crew here on MTBNJ so I'm taking a chance. If anyone has one, or a line on one, please let me know. Thanks!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's an entire woodworking thread on here somewhere.... you might get lucky.

Karate Monkey

To be clear, you're looking for a belt sander with a long 'free' section, right? Like those typically used in sharpening tools?

Captain Brainstorm

To be clear, you're looking for a belt sander with a long 'free' section, right? Like those typically used in sharpening tools?
Yes, exactly. Ideally the "free" section between the 2 wheels will have a platen for working. To be more specific, I'll be grinding knives into shape and putting bevels on them.

one piece crank

Picked one up off Amazon a few years ago for my son & same purpose. Not great but well under $100 and still working. Just get good belts.

Captain Brainstorm

Picked one up off Amazon a few years ago for my son & same purpose. Not great but well under $100 and still working. Just get good belts.
I saw lots of those on Amazon, however we’ve already shaped a few blades on 2x72 machines and there’s no going back. So much easier to remove material yet be precise with the wider belt and a 1-2hp motor, plus 2x72 has the most widely available belts. I’m going to stick with the buy once cry once philosophy, but I just want to cry a little less.

one piece crank

I saw lots of those on Amazon, however we’ve already shaped a few blades on 2x72 machines and there’s no going back. So much easier to remove material yet be precise with the wider belt and a 1-2hp motor, plus 2x72 has the most widely available belts. I’m going to stick with the buy once cry once philosophy, but I just want to cry a little less.
Post up your options, or whatever you wind up with. I would like to have semi decent machine.

Top Bottom