2nd Annual MTBNJ Picnic

rocknrollgirl

You are a crackhead.....get there at 9 and ride for an hour first, I will meet you at the pavillion at 10 and then we can do a "normal" ride.....:rolleyes:

silly woman.

Mare

You are a crackhead.....get there at 9 and ride for an hour first, I will meet you at the pavillion at 10 and then we can do a "normal" ride.....:rolleyes:

silly woman.

Kind of what I figured. I will try to get my overabundance of exuberance out before 10!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
What kind of fun does everyone want?

I'm really hoping you're serious about the hoppity-hop races.
I've been psyched about that idea since you mentioned it.

And how about exercise ball walking?

Pogo sticks?

Can we set up some skinnies?

My son is psyched to get on a real trail... and will if marching band or hockey don't get in the way.

My 10yr old is hoping to hang with some other girls and suggests pogo sticks on skinnies, potato sack races and scooters.

She only knows two people that MTB; myself and my brother-in-law.
So, I'd like to dispel her notion that all MTBers are crazy.

Guys......
Can you help me here?

Mare

I'm really hoping you're serious about the hoppity-hop races.
I've been psyched about that idea since you mentioned it.

Me too! I am going to get 2 HH that will support adults. Ben and Jake said they have some...please bring!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Me too! I am going to get 2 HH that will support adults. Ben and Jake said they have some...please bring!

Let me know where you get them.
I'd like one too!

I've got bunches of little orange cones to mark out play areas...

Mare

Let me know where you get them.
I'd like one too!

I've got bunches of little orange cones to mark out play areas...

Shoot! I just placed my order then saw this...I would have gotten you one so we can save on shipping. Although I doubt you want to wait until the picnic to get yours. I got mine from amazon though...type in hop 66 and you will get a 26" one. Or this website has good prices on 29" ones (assuming you want adult size, but they have kids too): http://www.jumpingballs.com/Jumping_Balls_hop_Ball_hoppity_s/1.htm

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Cool!
Most 29ers are too big for me.
Bet I can ride this one!

Now we need to set up HH training sessions.
Yes! Another reason to skirt adult responsibilities!!!

Oh, and Exercise ball walking... I'm just trying to come up with a use for mine. On second thought, someone could get hurt standing on a ball... so we'll have to make helmets mandatory and knee, elbow and wrist guards optional.

You may want to leave her at home then. ;)
Yep... that's what I figured!!

Last edited:

Mare

Oh, and Exercise ball walking... I'm just trying to come up with a use for mine. On second thought, someone could get hurt standing on a ball...

Hmm...maybe I will skip the exercise ball walking. I am not doing those lame egg and spoon races either. Pin the tail on the donkey... well, that's feasible. Who wants to be the donkey?

BiknBen

Oh, and Exercise ball walking... I'm just trying to come up with a use for mine. On second thought, someone could get hurt standing on a ball... so we'll have to make helmets mandatory and knee, elbow and wrist guards optional.

Let's leave the exercise ball walking to the circus performers. Otherwise, Jake will be collecting signed waivers while Norm hands out wrist bands.

Ever search Youtube for fit ball? People seriously F themselves up with those things.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Let's leave the exercise ball walking to the circus performers. Otherwise, Jake will be collecting signed waivers while Norm hands out wrist bands

I think Jake will be the first we make sign a waiver.

Should we start up some rides?

- kids
- women only
- intermediate
- advanced

?

rocknrollgirl

I am planning a 10am ride. It can be whatever.....intermediate anybody??? I will make Mare lead.....:) If I can wrestle her off the hippity hop

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My husband has to go to some work related function so our camping plans for that weekend have gotten canceled. So, that means I can make it to the picnic this year! I'll be coming along with my three boys. I won't be doing any riding unless my injuries are all healed and there is babysitting available :rolleyes: I'll think of what to bring. Probably some kid related food.

Since we have to miss JORBAFest, we'll try to be at the picnic for sure. Ron and I had a great time last year and want a repeat of the experience.

Perhaps Potato Salad again? Any requests from the crowd for a specific item? Let me know, I'm happy to make anything you require or desire.

Love,

Amy

My husband has to go to some work related function so our camping plans for that weekend have gotten canceled. So, that means I can make it to the picnic this year! I'll be coming along with my three boys. I won't be doing any riding unless my injuries are all healed and there is babysitting available :rolleyes: I'll think of what to bring. Probably some kid related food.

Babysitting is available...I will be 7mos along with our Lily and unable to ride, and happy to watch a few little ones so mommies can get some ride time in.

Last edited:

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Babysitting is available...I will be 7mos along with our Lily and unable to ride, and happy to watch a few little ones so mommies can get some ride time in.

Wow, thanks! My boys are 2, 4 and 6 yrs old. They are very good and listen very well, but I don't know if I want to punish you with the three of them :) I'll bring my bike and see how the day goes. I might bring my 11 yr old niece along to help me out. If she comes I'll definitely take you up on the offer.

xc62701

I'll be there ridin again or even leading a ride if need be. I'll be sad since Sean won't be there but I'll have to sample some suds in his honor...

Robson

This will be my first picnic. I'll be coming with my 12 years old and wife. What should I bring? I could cook some Thai...red curry chicken?:)

Top Bottom