29er Race Bike

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Just when you think the show is over, here comes ArmyofFred on pretty much a road bike with knobbies. He waves hello, then crashes, then collects himself and catches back up with the group.
Were you hiding along the glass trail when we were on the way out?!?!? Because this is more or less what happened this morning.

Looking forward to seeing you out there again ASAP, Walter.

dhsean

dual suspension at allaire? that's like driving a tank to the grocery store, don't you think?:D

It's the fastest, lightest bike I have since I race (tanks) DH. It was fun. My day was like this: get dropped, find the group, someone crashes, thank god I can rest, get dropped, find the group. Second loop, are my brakes locked?, nope.

It was a great day. And for 29er relevance, Jim's 29er fit inside the Honda Fit. So Honda does make a 29er compatible car.

NJMX835

A friend of mine rode his M3 on the Thanksgiving Day ride at Wawayanda a couple years ago.

He's a bit of a masochist though, I think...

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
The reality of what is going on with a select few vs public perception is interesting.

I just talked to a guy who never heard of 29, thought I was crazy for suggesting it and most of all he couldn't belive that I had 6 29ers to show him.

The SS thing really baffeled him as well.

I tryed to tell him that all the cool kids at Allaire are doing it. He said "isn't that a sand pit??""

It should be interesting in the spring when the fair weather riders come out of the woodwork.

ArmyOfNone

lol "fair weather riders" thats a good one. :rofl:

Those fair weather riders are gonna have the shop bumpin soon enough :getsome:

jdog

Shop Keep
lol "fair weather riders" thats a good one. :rofl:

Those fair weather riders are gonna have the shop bumpin soon enough :getsome:

Yeah.. The people who lie right to your face about everything:

"I use to race pro on my Schwinn Continental"

"I ride every day"

Sure buddy...

Like telling a cop that you only had one beer and that you were going 55.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
all the pros that came into rt 15 when i worked there raced centurions. or they "did all that stuff" on their 'gt dyno', said while watching some absurd newish bmx video.

walter

Fourth Party
It should be interesting in the spring when the fair weather riders come out of the woodwork.

Right before I got hurt I found out that this girl I work with treated herself to a new Stumpjumper FSR. She was telling me how she couldn't wait for spring to come so she could get out and ride. I made the comment about spending 2g's on a bike only to let it sit until the weather got warm was silly, that she should buy cold weather riding gear. We walked out to my car and I showed her everything I had and she was amazed. The smell almost knocked her over, but thats a different story.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Yeah.. The people who lie right to your face about everything:

"I use to race pro on my Schwinn Continental"

"I ride every day"

Sure buddy...

Like telling a cop that you only had one beer and that you were going 55.

No, no, it was a Schwinn Varsity and I rode TWICE a day!

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Right before I got hurt I found out that this girl I work with treated herself to a new Stumpjumper FSR. She was telling me how she couldn't wait for spring to come so she could get out and ride. I made the comment about spending 2g's on a bike only to let it sit until the weather got warm was silly, that she should buy cold weather riding gear. We walked out to my car and I showed her everything I had and she was amazed. The smell almost knocked her over, but thats a different story.

And we're not even talking about your cold weather riding gear :rofl:

jdog

Shop Keep

I bet she can handle some Pepsis w/o breaking her shoulder..

Top Bottom