29er Race Bike

VanDbtRiver

2nd for Allaire tomorrow...You can ride each of the bikes that have been discussed in this thread...I put my vote obviously on the Fisher side...Even though there has been a slight change of plans from the Superfly :((details to be discussed in the lot)...Introducing, the "Para-Fly"...

l_3ffdb0b2583b33bc82b674e45b642594.jpg

-Jim.

stock paragon?

Glancing Aft

Can't say I've ridden it but I've been feeling the Felt Nine Pro recently,
8766.jpg

You could buy it and then let me borrow it :D

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Jake, Three reason's I personally stayed away from the Ferrous...A) It's steel, which for a trail bike would be fine, but as a race bike I feel it's just a bit too heavy and soft feeling...B) Eccentric BB on a geared bike, versatility wise, yes, it's fine, as a race bike it's just extra weight and more things to go wrong (the Bushnell upgrade is currently not available for Fishers:()...C) And my biggest reason, the Fisher ride is all about the genesis 2.0 geometry, they just got it right, I've ridden dozens of custom and stock 29'ers through the shop and they ALL feel like monster trucks, except the Fisher...If you're ever where I'm riding you'll be more than welcome to take it for a spin!!

-Jim.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok ok I was thinking Felt was a Niner line, not it's own brand. Didn't click at all there...

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
He goes easy on Norm for some reason. I think he actually likes him. ;)

Hypothetically, Norm is about to become faster than me.I may be a loudmouth d!@chbag but i know my place in line...........no wait, f!@k that he'll always be fatter and dumber no matter what he "buys"

BiknBen

It was 29er Race Bike Demo Day at Allaire...

You could have sampled all the favs this morning. Choices???
We posed them all nice nice to tease you. :rofl:
Mine, Bill's, and Jim's...
1CIMG3599Medium.jpg

Bill (Scalpel6)
3CIMG3605Medium.jpg

JimVreeland
2CIMG3604Medium.jpg

Fred even brought his. He was giggling like a school girl all morning.
4CIMG3598Medium.jpg

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Great fun today!! It was nice to meet some new guys, and put faces to these posts!! See you out there next round!!

-Jim.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Yeah, it was a hoot out there, as usual. Jim's new bike sure is purty. Fred rocked the house on the new CX. Thanks to everyone for adding to the hijinks.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey I sent you a PM. Nothing worked out anyway. As you know, when you have kids, plans are a joke. She's sick. I didn't get to ride to PA. And on my road ride I got my first flat of the year. I think these tires have lasted almost 3000 miles so not bad. But it probably means they're just about done for.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Yeah, it was a hoot out there, as usual. Jim's new bike sure is purty. Fred rocked the house on the new CX. Thanks to everyone for adding to the hijinks.
Oh yeah: Gotta mention the welcome addition of Mr. Marc Lewis to the gang this morning.

Hope we see more of you on these rides, Marc. Thanks for helping me with my tweaked brakes.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode with Marc at RV once. Good to know that next time I make one of these Allaire rides there will be yet another person I can't keep up with...

ArmyOfNone

Today sure was a hoot! Dont think in the few times i have been through allaire on the cross bike we have gone at that pace. I was riding like my hair was on fire to stay in the middle of the group which it clearly showed as i was plowing through a lot of stuff and rolling around on the ground. But, I was riding w/ a smile on my face all day.

Jims new ride is goddamn sexy. it was fun to stay up with the big boys and see them work. Having the gears helped, so i didnt have to work so damn hard. I think they all gotta kick of me rollin on the skinny tires.

The conditions were pretty good, but as it warmed up is started to get a bit icky.

maddawg

i have to throw my hat in the niner ring. know a few guys who raced them and love them and a bunch more will be one this season. i would say skip the felt. one of our guys had one and sold it off to build a niner. little harsh and he said it handled a bit off. just what i heard. looked sharp though and he ran his as a single speed. i will most likely be turning big wheels come race season but still unsure what i will cook up.

to bad about the flat. how is the roadie treating you otherwise?

walter

Fourth Party
Here you are, enjoying the feeling that you just had a kick ass ride on your 5in duel suspension ride at Allaire, when all of a sudden you see a flash go past you. Its a bunch of dudes on single speeds for the most part, and most of them are running rigid. Just when you think the show is over, here comes ArmyofFred on pretty much a road bike with knobbies. He waves hello, then crashes, then collects himself and catches back up with the group.

All in a day at Allaire, you lucky bastards.

with love always
walter

anrothar

entirely thrilled
dual suspension at allaire? that's like driving a tank to the grocery store, don't you think?:D

Top Bottom