29" Is is for real??

What is your take on 29" wheeled bikes?

• Total voters
What it really means is that the 29er thing is one of the prime drivers of upgradeitis in the bike industry right now. People are buying new 29er frames, and while they can swap over their current build kids onto their new 29er frames, they've all gotta buy new wheels.

img_2078.jpg
What it really means is that the 29er thing is one of the prime drivers of upgradeitis in the bike industry right now. People are buying new 29er frames, and while they can swap over their current build kids onto their new 29er frames, they've all gotta buy new wheels.

God bless Upgradeitis! It keeps us busy in February.

Last edited:
I don't know what Haro was thinking, shooting photos of a large frame size with a stack of spacers under the stem and jacked up seat. Makes the whole thing look awkward.

26's are fine for short people. Heck, I still love riding my 26er, and I'm 6-4. 650b is fairly pointless. ;)

img_2078.jpg

God bless Upgradeitis! It keeps us busy in February.

That’s a great looking bike, but my question is do I get advertisement royalties from you posting my new bike. J you did a great job and I will take it out for a big first ride on Tuesday, then I will let you know if I need my bars cut. Thank you again you guys did a great job building my new toy.

I like my 26"er but think 29"ers have agreat place...

I always took the stance that 29'ers are only for taller people and I still think they clearly make sense for taller riders. That being said enough shorter riders find them appropriate so I think they are for a broader crowd... What I continue to stick on is the fact they are said by some that they do not accelerate as fast as 26ers and they need "to get up to speed" and being a recreational SSer I think they would work against me in some cases (but I have never ridden one). I still ride 26ers because 1. they fit me and I have fun on them 2. money (2 kids) and don't have the funds for a frame fork and wheel set and 3. I have oodles of 26er stuff I can recycle through.

Now in a year I plan on really looking at 650B because money will be more available and hey I just may be able to cram 650B wheels in my current bikes!!! :D

Although I like that 29ers have brought the hardtail back into the mainstream...

Now that I've put some time on my 29 studded tires (ultra heavy)i can finally say that the "acceleration" issues are a total myth.I think that it comes from the feeling (although false)that you're moving slower when you first switch to 29.I hated it for a month, now i can't imagine anything else being even plausible.

I only rode my new 29 around the block a couple of times, and it reminds me of my old Kawasaki KLR 650 . It feels big and powerful, I will hopefully take it out on Tuesday for a nice run so stay tuned.

Back
Top Bottom