287 KOM

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
So at around 10:30 this morning I saw a dude in full roadie kit on what appeared to be a nice bike (couldn’t tell what kind exactly, I was going 85, he was going around 10-15) accelerating (a relative term) onto 287 off of Rt. 23. Any of you studs want to fess up? I have to give credit where credit is due, it was a brilliant move, genius. I know how difficult KOMs are to poach, especially on a road bike, but I think this dude has the Rt. 23 to Wanaque segment locked up, for a while anyway.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So at around 10:30 this morning I saw a dude in full roadie kit on what appeared to be a nice bike (couldn’t tell what kind exactly, I was going 85, he was going around 10-15) accelerating (a relative term) onto 287 off of Rt. 23. Any of you studs want to fess up? I have to give credit where credit is due, it was a brilliant move, genius. I know how difficult KOMs are to poach, especially on a road bike, but I think this dude has the Rt. 23 to Wanaque segment locked up, for a while anyway.
When I was Irvine, CA in June, garmin routed me onto a straight up 6 lane highway. That was fun.

xc62701

The only thing I can conceivably think of is that he was doing the Ramapo rally today and said F this I want to go home.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
more interesting to me....is @Monkey Soup on strava?

He is on Strava, although these days forgets to turn it on half the time. The luster of Strava has kind of worn off after a couple of younger and faster guys (who were clearly on drugs) took his KOM's in Ringwood quite a whiles back. He is tempted though to make a go at the 287 KOM, but basic survival instinct and a desire to preserve his anonymity win the day.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The luster of Strava has kind of worn off after a couple of younger and faster guys (who were clearly on drugs) took his KOM's in Ringwood quite a whiles back.

oh dont let that bother you....Strava ...or actually the devices used to record rides are so totally horrendous on trails...My god....Just start using the strava app, its like a free 30 seconds.

rick81721

Lothar
He is on Strava, although these days forgets to turn it on half the time. The luster of Strava has kind of worn off after a couple of younger and faster guys (who were clearly on drugs) took his KOM's in Ringwood quite a whiles back. He is tempted though to make a go at the 287 KOM, but basic survival instinct and a desire to preserve his anonymity win the day.

Top Bottom