$275 KitchenAid Artisan 5qt Stand Mixer, with Stainless Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karate Monkey

I'm buying into a bowl-lift mixer, so I'm selling my tilt-head KitchenAid. This is the top-level tilt-head that they make (325 watts), and I've replaced all the crappy coated mixing heads with the all-stainless versions ($80 additional). There are a couple of small scuffs on the base, but everything is mechanically well functional.

PXL_20210116_203036516.jpg

Obvs this is only pick up/meet-up and hand-off. Live in Colts Neck, work in the Brielle/Toms River area depending on the day.

Lemme know if you have any questions.

xc62701

Hmmm.... tempting as I'm using my mom's old kitchen aid tilt head that has seen a bit of use.... How old is this?

w_b

@Karate Monkey My kitchen aid has a crank to lift the bowl, is this what u talkin bout? It also has the crappy coated mixing heads, so there’s that. I’ll list it up after yours sells, or after a couple reasonable interludes.

Karate Monkey

@Karate Monkey My kitchen aid has a crank to lift the bowl, is this what u talkin bout? It also has the crappy coated mixing heads, so there’s that. I’ll list it up after yours sells, or after a couple reasonable interludes.

Well, yeah, but I mean, I bought it already. Deal too good to pass up--this one needs to go, can't store two mixers in the house. Not like I'm gonna make dough for bread AND cookies at the same time.

By the way, for those unaware: everything that KitchenAid sells that ISN'T a professional model comes with nylon-coated aluminum attachments (well, the whisk has stainless wire...but the attachment is zinc)...which have a nasty habit of flaking off into your batter/dough. Even careful hand-cleaning usually only lasts 6-12 months of weekly use. The stainless attachments are more-than-a-good-idea, in my opinion.

Reactions: w_b

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Well, yeah, but I mean, I bought it already. Deal too good to pass up--this one needs to go, can't store two mixers in the house. Not like I'm gonna make dough for bread AND cookies at the same time.

By the way, for those unaware: everything that KitchenAid sells that ISN'T a professional model comes with nylon-coated aluminum attachments (well, the whisk has stainless wire...but the attachment is zinc)...which have a nasty habit of flaking off into your batter/dough. Even careful hand-cleaning usually only lasts 6-12 months of weekly use. The stainless attachments are more-than-a-good-idea, in my opinion.
I have an aftermarket batter paddle with a rubber wiper for the bowl. It gets really close.

Karate Monkey

By the way: for aspiring bread makers (which is 99% of what I use it for), this model taps out around 2000 grams (2 1-1/4 pound [that's a baking size, not weight measure] loaf pans) of dough.

Inspiration for your perusal:

ACtC-3eafb2EM3_ZbG4DvJWuQ5uNQFf0box7Jxojm0vXWMjQp5TaySQ4gVKrzC5N5ok-V-HUsiPzi5druC4nSB8bIhivwLSoQQp7IeRZRnEWmNlbMvUDRxHwlXxATOkMt4S8S3KKnxWgZ3a49jSaV0c1_Fe2=w1300-h976-no

Brioche avec pan de mie (that's French for square loaf pan).

xc62701

By the way: for aspiring bread makers (which is 99% of what I use it for), this model taps out around 2000 grams (2 1-1/4 pound [that's a baking size, not weight measure] loaf pans) of dough.

Inspiration for your perusal:

ACtC-3eafb2EM3_ZbG4DvJWuQ5uNQFf0box7Jxojm0vXWMjQp5TaySQ4gVKrzC5N5ok-V-HUsiPzi5druC4nSB8bIhivwLSoQQp7IeRZRnEWmNlbMvUDRxHwlXxATOkMt4S8S3KKnxWgZ3a49jSaV0c1_Fe2=w1300-h976-no

Brioche avec pan de mie (that's French for square loaf pan).
Looks good but don’t know if I really need to upgrade. I’m still trying to figure out how old mixer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom