24+ tubeless question

Thinking of converting my kids bike to tubeless. I'm still experimenting with tire pressure but its somewhere around 15 psi. Is that too low to hold a seal? Am I better off with tubes at that point? Just trying to smooth out the trails for her. Tires are tubeless ready I'm not sure on the rims.

ebineezer

Thinking of converting my kids bike to tubeless. I'm still experimenting with tire pressure but its somewhere around 15 psi. Is that too low to hold a seal? Am I better off with tubes at that point? Just trying to smooth out the trails for her. Tires are tubeless ready I'm not sure on the rims.
You could do a “ghetto tubeless” setup with a split tube or gorilla tape.

Tim

aka sptimmy43

My son is on a Specialized Riprock 24. I set it up tubeless pretty much from day one. I have the 2.8 wide tires at 10psi and haven't had a problem since November when we got it. He's ridden countless laps around the block, at 6 Mile Run, and some other local trails with no issues at all.

Top Bottom