24 Hr of Allamuchy

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As entertaining and juvenile as MTN BJ would have been, I went with the Ibis97 option.

Shaggz

A strong 7
someone find this man a team. it might be helpful if you post some information about yourself, like age, riding style, experience, etc.

xc62701

Dood! Solo is the way to go! I've done it the past 2 years and had pretty good success and I won't be doing it this year. Someone's gotta fill my spot...

Ibis97

Happy Now?
Dood! Solo is the way to go! I've done it the past 2 years and had pretty good success and I won't be doing it this year. Someone's gotta fill my spot...

AH I was kinda kidding! LOL. I actually like the 4 person team. just enough time to rest before you're up again.

but If I do solo it will be an outing a not much of a race for me.

walter

Fourth Party
AH I was kinda kidding! LOL. I actually like the 4 person team. just enough time to rest before you're up again.

but If I do solo it will be an outing a not much of a race for me.

Whats the difference if you do it solo or on a team, its gonna rain anyway.:rofl:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any team in need of a rider is going to need a few details. For instance, me:

Name: Norm (real name Joe)
Male
Speed: Upper sport class
Bike: Niner Sir 9, gears
Details: I'm just looking to have fun, maybe give it a fair chance to compete, but I know I'm not fast enough to be on the winning team. I'm looking for a fun weekend, maybe a candle lit dinner, and a romantic walk in the mud as the trees get struck by lightning and fall around us.

Etc etc - give a prospective team more details and you'll have a better chance. Or maybe start a team from scratch. If I were you I would go edit your OP, then post that you edited it. So possible teammates wouldn't have to wade through this tripe about your username to get the useful info.

Maybe we need a 24HoA Singles Thread?

MTB Aussie

Any team in need of a rider is going to need a few details. For instance, me:

>SNIP

Etc etc - give a prospective team more details and you'll have a better chance. Or maybe start a team from scratch. If I were you I would go edit your OP, then post that you edited it. So possible teammates wouldn't have to wade through this tripe about your username to get the useful info.

Maybe we need a 24HoA Singles Thread?
Err Norm -EXACTLY!

I noticed a few years ago that the posting board for 24HoA was pretty lame when it came to finding riders, perhaps this board could become the place for folks needing a team since it gets a ton more traffic. Mods - you could create a sticky somewhere until the race day.

Me, I will be giving it a shot solo again so no need for a team. It's an outing in the mud rather than a race. My team name this year is "dry race dreamin'". :):)

Ibis97

Happy Now?
"Maybe we need a 24HoA Singles Thread?"

good idea. this may be a better place to do it.

I'm 40, not fast enough to be on the winning team. 1:15ish lap times when it's dry. raining and wet all bets are off. But fast enough to help a team finish in a decent place.

Looking to have a good time and avoid hitting another tree head-on (in the rain:rolleyes:) like it did in 03. That's pretty much it.

Ibis97

Happy Now?
Err Norm -EXACTLY!

Me, I will be giving it a shot solo again so no need for a team. It's an outing in the mud rather than a race. My team name this year is "dry race dreamin'". :):)

This may be the way for me to go and just camp. see how many laps I can do in the 24hrs.

will see.

Mare

I'm 40, not fast enough to be on the winning team. 1:15ish lap times when it's dry. raining and wet all bets are off. But fast enough to help a team finish in a decent place.

if you are doing laps in 1:15, that's pretty darn fast!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1:15 is solid. But is that the first or last lap? I think 3 years ago I did it and my first lap was 1:20 and my last lap was (no lie) 2:20.

Dammit now I'm thinking, "Maybe I'll do it this year..." I'm an ass.

Mare

Stop whining and just do it. I will help you clean your bike after. I am entertaining the idea, but I'd rather wait until last minute to check the forecast (although I do already know it).

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Forget the weather forecast, forget the solo. Have a backbone and be something better for your team!! :getsome:

It's not just about being fast. It's about sticking it out in the rain, not breaking your bike, not crying at night, making sure your team is fed etc.

What do I base this on? Not much as I have only done one 24 hr race, so what do I know? ..... Except that it WILL rain.

Top Bottom