24 Hours of Allamuchy

Shaggz

A strong 7
So, who is racing this year? Unfortunately, I am not, but it would be cool if the MTBNJ members who are racing could coordinate camp arrangements so we can stop by and cheer you on, cook meal or offer to lend a hand wrenching or whatever.

J-Dro

I'm in. Riding solo. My first time at 24HOA. Mainly for the social aspect, as I have no dreams of being at the podium.

Glancing Aft

Racing in a 2 man team. Podiumed last year in a 4man and hoping to podium again this year. It's going to be a lot of laps. :(

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah I'll be there. It would be great to have a small gathering of us in the same spot.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Yeah I'll be there. It would be great to have a small gathering of us in the same spot.
Norm, I am in for saturday night to wrench, make coffee, sing songs (none of which i am very good at), so save a spot for my tent, and get me one of those t-shirts.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norm, I am in for saturday night to wrench, make coffee, sing songs (none of which i am very good at), so save a spot for my tent, and get me one of those t-shirts.

Wowee, good stuff. Could be a real hootenanny.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'll try to sneak up there for an hour or so to say "damn, you're all idiots"*. :D

*wife approval is pending on this project. no claims of commitment are assumed with the aforementioned statement. should i not be able to attend, feel free to blame the 10 beers i drank buiding stuff in my backyard or just flat out forgetfulness.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Two friends and I signed up as SOLO. We planning on riding together and see how many laps we can do. We are not shooting for the podium, we just want to ride and have fun. I did it in 2005 as a 4-man team and it sucked having to wait there for my turn :)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Two friends and I signed up as SOLO. We planning on riding together and see how many laps we can do. We are not shooting for the podium, we just want to ride and have fun. I did it in 2005 as a 4-man team and it sucked having to wait there for my turn :)

That's what we did last year, solo following the race 2 years ago where it was a team. This year solo again as it was more fun.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm in solo. Also did the team thing the last 2 yrs. & wanted to try something different. No rain would be different.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm in solo. Also did the team thing the last 2 yrs. & wanted to try something different. No rain would be different.

That's another nice thing about solo. If it rains, go take a nap.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
last year looked to be a nice weekend till the thursday before, when the storms turned. so this year the race director has guaranteed torrential downpours for the entire weekend.

bozizle

me too

I have raced there for 6 years on all types of teams and did solo SS last year...and will do it again this year. My wife races too and we enjoy the solo routine because there is no waiting and we can ride together at night which is good for her...just got new lights this year which should help...deff bringing some tires for slick muddy wet conitions. It always rains it just depends when. Actually the one year it did not rain was so dusty at night it was worse than the fog you usually get.

ryderX

This will be the first year in over 12 that I will not be racing the ol' 24HOA, or even attending. Though I will be spraying myself with a garden hose, slathering my body with mosquito bait, eating undercooked and down right cardboard like tasting gruel, and staying awake for 25 hours straitght, all in honor of the proud, the few, the racers of 2007.
Have fun ladies and gents...
See ya at W101;)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I was just looking at the calendar and generally throwing together how my next few weeks of riding should go and I realized I only have 14 rides until the Friday pre-ride of the 24HOA course. Holy crap this is coming on fast.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I know, it is almost there and I haven't been doing any LONG rides. No pre-riding for me. We are setting up camp Friday AM and then heading to EL DIABLO to loosen up in the afternoon ;)

Top Bottom