24 Hours of Allamuchy, 2008

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
That is why we've been racing solo for the last few years. A bunch of us who are in no danger of winning can all ride together at our own pace and take as many breaks in between laps as we want. It's like a big group ride for 24 hours.

You mean its a big group ride when someone we know isn't cramping up :p

xc62701

If your goal is just to have fun and enjoy the experience, I say go solo. That way you can ride with whoever you want, whenever you want.

Hehehe - that doesn't work with me. That's why I'd NEED to be on a team. If it's up to me I'll be out there as much as possible whenever possible - till I drop. Last year I was having such a horrible time I pretty much quit at midnight saying I'll never do it again. Then at 5 in the morning I was getting up and putting in 4 more laps to push myself to finish the best I could. I don't know how to relax when doing this. I guess I'm the other kind of rider. It's just bad timing or I'd be all over this race to go for the podium...slop or not. I wasn't happy with 5th last year I wanted podium!!!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'll be there...We're doing a 4-man team again, the same team as last year so far...This is one of the events I want to win this season, we got second last year:mad:...This year IT'S ON:getsome:

-Jim.

mtnbiker5

Solo

Unless you're part of some hardcore bikeshop team, solo is the way to do all of these 24 hour races now. Figured this out about 5 years ago. Got tired of trying to complete my laps in record times, especially at 3 am in pouring rain/sleet. Wasnt fair to me or my teammates. Hell of a lot more fun to get a bunch of people and go solo. You always have someone to ride with. Pressure is really only on yourself to do another lap. You get your own campsite. You have nothing to prove other than self worth. If you want to sleep in when the rains come, so do it.

I wish there was a good point to point race in the area. These 24 hr races I think have ran its course, no pun intended. Same track over and over and over again. After a while you start talking to the same rocks/roots you just rode over an hour or so before. Plus, like last year, the race just wrecks total havouc on the course. I dont know. For $150 you can camp out in Jim Thorpe and ride multiple trails. Even head up to Killington and ride some of the sickest singletrack around and stay in a nice B&B. After a while these 24 hour races get old. Nice to think about in dead of winter in NJ though.

J

JDG1317

I'll be there...We're doing a 4-man team again, the same team as last year so far...This is one of the events I want to win this season, we got second last year:mad:...This year IT'S ON:getsome:

-Jim.

Watch out for the midnight special.:cool:

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
That is why we've been racing solo for the last few years. A bunch of us who are in no danger of winning can all ride together at our own pace and take as many breaks in between laps as we want. It's like a big group ride for 24 hours.

I agree with the group ride part, I just dont get why you should pay > $130 to ride with your buds for a day. As someone else said, take your money to Killington, stay at a cheap hotel and spend the rest getting hammered at Long Trail. Now that sounds like fun to me!

t.wach

Well, registration for the 2008 24-Hours of Allamuchy race is officially open (www.24hoursofallamuchy.com). So who's doing it and in what category? If I can figure out how to beat the leg cramping thing then I may race again. If not then I'll just provide support.

I would love to try this but im just getting into mountain biking and dont have a team. Next year i willl definatly be in.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
I would love to try this but im just getting into mountain biking and dont have a team. Next year i willl definatly be in.

There's a nice feature on their website that allows you to look for a team. maybe I never saw this last year, but I just came across it today :rolleyes:

Anyway, as it draws closer to the race, check back there often to see which teams needs another rider. I'm sure there will always be someone to help!:)

t.wach

There's a nice feature on their website that allows you to look for a team. maybe I never saw this last year, but I just came across it today :rolleyes:

Anyway, as it draws closer to the race, check back there often to see which teams needs another rider. I'm sure there will always be someone to help!:)

Thanks. Ill have to look at that.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Thanks. Ill have to look at that.
Well, if you're new to mountain biking I would recommend not doing this until you get a couple of years of experience under your belt. Allamuchy can get quite technical and I wouldn't want a potential bad experience at the race to discourage you from mountain biking.

Nimrod

Buckel up Boys and Girls.... We're coming:getsome: I'm calling an invasion;)

We have a pretty good 4 man team coming. Myself, Chad, then the Fast guys Havoc and Windmill. It'll be 3 years since I last took the beating at Mooch, I'm so freaking juiced:D

Last year these guys also got second; we should be alot faster this year...:p
This is going to be so much fun = I WANNA ROCK!!!:p (I'm 45 years old and out of control with this crap)

Last edited:

pinkshirtphotos

ill be there taking pictures..... i am currently working on a setup to give a rider a choice if they want their picture taken at 1 in the morning.... so far i have thought of a few glow sticks then a sign that says holler if you want your picture ...... rider will then be blinded by the light :getsome:

mtnbiker5

Muchy

I thought the best was 2 years ago, me and 2 other guys were riding solo, must of been around 2 am. Darker than dark out, & it gets dark out there believe you me, even with lights. We were hauling ass trying to get back to the tents, rain was coming in-go figure! Some guy was off the trail, in the woods smoking dope. No joke. Whole section smelled mighty fine I have to tell you. After eating stale pasta, powerbars and throwing a couple of loads of Heed down my throat for the last 6 hours, it was goooood. Dont know who you are out there but man, that was pretty damn funny.

Top Bottom