222 riding +

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I know these training/riding threads have mixed reviews and everyone gets tired of reading them. I have gone back and forth with creating one for myself and decided to go for it as opposed my usual thread jacking.

This is not a training thread but more of a ride log for myself and if someone gets something out of it (whatever it may be) great, if not, oh well. Expect many attempts at trying to be funny, anti-29er propoganda (which seems silly since I ride road 90% of the time) and my typical posting about nothing important or on topic.

Just alittle background, I skated for about 10 years, mainly street and some mini and was dead smack in the middle of the bearing covers and "who can create the next flip trick" era but started out in the good ole bones brigade days. I still take the stick out now and them and nollie 180 frontside kickflips are still my favorite trick...

I have spent a far amount of time riding bmx (street, trails, park but was always a trail rider at heart), learned a ton of stuff from riding with the flatlanders in York (Dorkin' in York for-ever), stock trials, hardtails, full squish and now road since October and currently have a Rush and a Giant OCR-A.

I have an 18 month old, which dictates my schedule to early morning riding.

I ride 6 mile, Mercer, Clayton, Sourlands, Washington Crossing/Baldpate although it has been all 6 mile as of late.

So thats the intro, hopefully someone reads this...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
From the comic book adaptation of Stephen King's Dark Tower series. While I am not a comic book person, I did read the two series Marvel put out as I am a huge fan of the Dark Tower stuff.

BiknBen

stb222 said:
...Just alittle background, I skated for about 10 years, mainly street and some mini and was dead smack in the middle of the bearing covers and "who can create the next flip trick" era but started out in the good ole bones brigade days. I still take the stick out now and them and nollie 180 frontside kickflips are still my favorite trick...

Is this English??? :confused:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i love reading these things. why? probably because it only makes me realize how much slower than everyone i will continue to be as they actually get to ride their bikes more than once or twice every month or so. i guess if i started one of these things on january 1, i would have a total of 12 - 15 posts by the end of the year at the rate i am going. it would be like a clif notes version of a training blog, but written by an out of shape guy with no time to ride.

so i'll live vicariously through you. type away!

J-Dro

Yes by all means blog away but we are going to heckle you if the road ride content becomes too high.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
stb - sounds like we have similar backgrounds, going from skating, to bmx and then to some combo of road and mtb. I think you're a bit older than me though.

I'll be reading and maybe I'll see you on the trails.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
wet 6

rode 6 mile today, started at 5 from the 27 lot and it started getting pretty dark by the time I got over to Canal Road, exchanged waves with a roadie and I didn't even have spandex on! Started to thunder along the fields and it started to rain right after I crossed the creek and then started to f-ing dump. I mean the whole f-ing kennel was coming down and the thunder was loud as hell. So much for barely wet feet. I stopped to let some air out of le tires and didn't skip anything on the way back but the whole trail had enough water on it that I was plowing the whole way. Passed someone near the concrete bridge on their way out. The berms in the twisties were like velcro, even with all the water but roots were like ice. Didn't ditch it at all but did let up at a few places. My tires have never been so clean after a ride, especially at 6 mile. Drove home in my underwear. 14 miles, 11.4 avg.

Saw two guys without helmets just after the first bridge from 27 and said "grab a helmet next time" to both. One said ok, the other made some comment, sounded smart but I couldn't really hear. I thought for a second to chase him down and knock his ass off the bridge but decided to just ride on. I think he was on a proflex. If you are reading this, get a freaking helmet, smacky.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So far so good. I like it.

The roadie saw the bad weather and got scared. He needed a comfort hug.

walter

Fourth Party
I was suprised at the 6 mile ride this past Sunday. We past several groups of riders going helmetless, go figure.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Fire away, man. I read every damn thing on here. The more the merrier.

I was just leaving Allaire last night after two hours solo and another hour with Mrs. ChrisG when the skies opened up. Must have been the same cell that dumped on you a little earlier.

Jim & Val

Chris I think we saw you in the lot last night- we rolled out just before the downpour started. At least the bikes were clean when we got home!

Top Bottom