222 riding +

Wobbegong

People are crazy. I was once given the horn blast and middle finger by an old man with handicapped plates during a charity ride for something he probably suffers from. I thought it was kind of funny in a sick sort of way.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
sourlands early this morning, 11 miles of technical fun, a few almost OTB's but shaved each one with my ninja like dabbing skills. I haven't ridden anywhere but 6 miles for the past couple months and I was loving the rocks....noticed my fork was leaking some oil afterwards, will have to watch...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
i was out of there at 8, there were two guys in the parking lots when i left and i passed two guys out there. guess everyone was out early. what a different place it is when it is dry!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
chilly squirels

short road rides the past 3 days

tues- lunch route 1 of my lunch routes, 21 miles, 20.9 avg
wed- lunch route 2 route 19 miles, 19.9 avg

this morning I rode a route throigh princeton from my office, started with lights and it was a bit chilly out, my knees never warmed up and climbing was killing me, so I kept it fairly flat. I had at least 10 squirels that were eatting about 2 feet from the egde of the road and then did their run back and forth bs right in front of me causing me to brake each time. fawking squirels! saw a group ride and a few others out and they all had somekind of kneewarms/knickers on. damn, I am not ready for this shit yet!

22 miles 19.4 avg.

BiknBen

I had at least 10 squirrels that were eating about 2 feet from the edge of the road and then did their run back and forth bs right in front of me causing me to brake each time. fawking squirrels!

Do not brake for squirrels. The chance that you actually run one over is 100:1. When you hit them they just seem to flatten as if they are empty. Then they run off as if nothing happened.

It is much more likely that you will crash while trying to grab your brakes suddenly or something. F the squirrels! This is especially important if you are riding in a group. If someone swerves or brakes unexpectedly, only bad things can happen.

Quote, "Most crashes are not the fault of an action. They are caused by an overreaction".

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Do not brake for squirrels. The chance that you actually run one over is 100:1. When you hit them they just seem to flatten as if they are empty. Then they run off as if nothing happened.

I will keep this in mind. Maybe someday I will ride with another person too.

Kmoodymz3

Saw two guys without helmets just after the first bridge from 27 and said "grab a helmet next time" to both. One said ok, the other made some comment, sounded smart but I couldn't really hear. I thought for a second to chase him down and knock his ass off the bridge but decided to just ride on. I think he was on a proflex. If you are reading this, get a freaking helmet, smacky.

My standard quote when I see them is "Hey look, organ donors!" :D It probably takes them a while to get it my tactic being that they may actually think about what I said.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
30 mile road ride before work, not chilly today and the knees were better and no squirels either...my office moves in two weeks to hamilton, where lunchtime rides will not be nearly as enjoyable with a major lack of hills!:(
although, only 5.5 miles from my house which will make commuting by bike easier.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=
106691909341661074848.0004559d7a6e33b9fde63

ending with a lap or two around forestal village

30 miles/19.9 avg

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep

It is much more likely that you will crash while trying to grab your brakes suddenly or something. F the squirrels! This is especially important if you are riding in a group. If someone swerves or brakes unexpectedly, only bad things can happen.

Quote, "Most crashes are not the fault of an action. They are caused by an overreaction".

Seriously this is great info. In anyones experience is it also possible to just lean back and survive tboning a groundhog.I've come close to death twice now and would like to know all my options for the next encounter.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Seriously this is great info. In anyones experience is it also possible to just lean back and survive tboning a groundhog.I've come close to death twice now and would like to know all my options for the next encounter.

If you're not afraid of killing or maiming a poor, innocent woodland friend:rolleyes:, how would riding over a blob of fur be different from sailing over the logs and boulders you guys are so proficient at?

Bunny hop. They won't be there when you land.:D

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
rode 6 mile this morning and the rain is just what the doctor ordered. Best conditions I have ridden since June? The twisties were like velcro and the stream crossing was way down from how high it was in Ben's video. The new trail on the canal side was really fast today. Personal best average speed....

14+ miles/11.87 avg.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
was gonna ride road this morning but got lazy, will be off the bike all week due a family vacation.....not like anyone reads this anyways!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
after 9 days totally off the bike, did my last lunch ride from princeton. I felt damn good as the legs were really fresh, started to feel some strain towards the end of the ride. 20/19.8avg

this morning, last morning ride from princeton as my office moves tomorrow. it was chilly out but I had knee warmer this time and they were perfect. saw a huge shooting star. lights on for almost an hour :( good ride! 30/19.5 avg

Top Bottom