222 riding +

Lunch ride through princeton boro and north on Cherry Hill Rd. For those of you that ride road in the princeton area, Cherry Hill Rd is newly paved between 206 and Cherry Valley Rd and is oh so nice. Felt good today but the humidity is up there. 21 miles/19.9 avg.

So this thread is going to get boring real quick without some maps or motion based data, especially for road rides. Anyways....30 miles on the road yesterday. Usually I ride mucho early, but my 18 month old has been getting up at 6 lately and I thought I let the wife sleep in a bit even though Sunday is my "sleep in day", that I always use for riding. Started at 9:30, which was way different for me since I ate before I rode.

There was a nasty wind coming from somewhere from the West/North I thought as it was with me for the first half of my ride but then I caught it going South too, wtf! Hit up the good climbs near me, Poor Farm Rd and Pleasant Valley Rd and some good rollers, Wamoosa and Bayberry...been chillin in the drops alot more these days...

First ride with my ipod, even though I have had one for awhile. Not sure if I liked it. I had one Blink 182, Dude Ranch and some of the songs hit at the right time and gave me a boost. I felt as if I was def in my right ear though and wanted that thing out of my ear after awhile. Not sure it is my thing....

30miles/19.2avg/44.5 max

here is the route...
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U....334507,-74.801445&spn=0.099187,0.127373&z=13

Last edited:
riding with music is iffy. i even went and bought that one ear head phone thing where both channels play through one speaker, but still couldn't get used to it.

I prefer to road ride mostly through carnivals and open air concerts, so I don't have to bother with the ipod. Failing that I chase the ice cream truck through town.

I prefer to road ride mostly through carnivals and open air concerts, so I don't have to bother with the ipod. Failing that I chase the ice cream truck through town.

That Mr. Softee jingle is pretty catchy...

For me, music is mandatory on the road. But I also have the benefit of riding roads near my house that hardly have any traffic and I'm extra cautious about making turns or crossing streets and I pretty much stay near the white line. I'm sure there is some additional risk but I keep the volume low and accept the risk.

For me, music is mandatory on the road. But I also have the benefit of riding roads near my house that hardly have any traffic and I'm extra cautious about making turns or crossing streets and I pretty much stay near the white line. I'm sure there is some additional risk but I keep the volume low and accept the risk.

I hit some low traffic roads pretty quickly from my house and some from work too. I will try it a few more times before I write it off completely...

Fred and I were on those same roads Saturday morning.

Do you guy generally ride around the same time on the weekends? While I don't want to impose on your bromance, I would like to see what kind of speed you guys are pulling on the roads I know.

Do you guy generally ride around the same time on the weekends? While I don't want to impose on your bromance, I would like to see what kind of speed you guys are pulling on the roads I know.

Not really. Our schedules just happen to be open at the same time the last couple Saturday mornings. My rides tend to be pretty long compared to what you have mentioned. On Saturday, I started at 7:30am, met Fred at 8am and returned home at noon. I can keep you in mind as the weekend gets closer.

Windy Road Rage

So just when I thought I wouldn't post today....

Had my first road rage incident where I actually caught the car. I was on one of my normal lunch routes (counter-clockwise):

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...d=106691909341661074848.000454c1969809681c2d4

and I turned onto Cherry Hill Road, which I mentioned before, newly paved, probably 15 foot lanes, no lines for the shoulder. I was maybe 2 feet from the edge of pavement and some lady beeps at me and then does some kind of hand throwing as she drives by, which results in me putting both hands up giving a :getsome: with nothing but open hands and no hand gestures. She even slowed down and I thought "its on bitch" but she sped back up. So 100' up the road, a cop is in the right lane and I guess she thought the road was closed (since it has been for maybe 3 weeks) and she pulls in a driveway to do a u-turn, PERFECT! I sprinted up and rode right up to he door as she was starting to back up and I said in a slightly elevated voice, "Whats the problem" to which she rolled down the window and starts yelling something "your right in the middle of the road" blah blah blah and I told her, "just so you know, beeping is the worst thing to do" SO another woman pulls up and starts yelling, "your gonna kill yourself riding in the middle of the road, your are irresponsible" BLAH BLAH BLAH so I exchanged pleasantries with the two and was on my way. I waved to Officer Freindly and he said "have a nice day!". I am pretty sure the one lady stopped to report me, but whatever. In any case, I ruined the face of raod cyclist in princeton to at least two people, which I actually feel bad about.

It was windy as piss in some places too, all in all a good ride.

20 miles/20 avg.

I think we have a nominee for mtbNJ's Angriest Man Award.:D

I thought for a second to chase him down and knock his ass off the bridge but decided to just ride on. I think he was on a proflex. If you are reading this, get a freaking helmet, smacky.

I was maybe 2 feet from the edge of pavement and some lady beeps at me and then does some kind of hand throwing as she drives by, which results in me putting both hands up giving a :getsome: with nothing but open hands and no hand gestures. She even slowed down and I thought "its on bitch" but she sped back up.

purely coincidental, this is the out of the ordinary stuff I have experienced in awhile.

You're lucky they didnt drive into you. Drivers in Princeton are in a world of their own. Bunch of wackos.

Back
Top Bottom