2023 Racing Calendar

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
We've had the 2023 calendar for a couple months but I'm starting our new thread for 2023. Obviously big changes with the streaming partner now being Discovery instead of Red Bull, but the calendar itself isn't much different from previous years other than Enduro joining DH and XC on three stops and the calendar going into October.

March 25 Tasmania - Enduro only
April 1 Tasmania - Enduro only

May 5 Valkenburg - XC only
✅ May 12 Nove Mesto - XC only

✅ June 3 Italy - Enduro only
✅ June 9 Lenzerheide - DH and XC
✅ June 15 Leogang - DH XC and Enduro
✅ June 24 Italy - Enduro only
✅ June 30 Val di Sole - DH and XC

✅ Aug 25 Vallnord - DH and XC

Sept 1 loudineville france - DH
Sept 7: Les Gets - DH and XC
Sept 28 - Snowshoe - DH and XC
Oct 6 Mont St Anne - DH and XC

✅ DH world champs Aug 4 Ft William
✅ XC world champs Aug 9 Scotland

Last edited:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Anyone want to be producer of the world cups? The move to discovery isn't exactly filling me with confidence right now.
Screenshot_20221023-174857_Chrome.jpg

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Relatedly discovery is laying off hundreds of employees and may consolidate their HBO and discovery streaming services into one.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Another XC update - Avancini leaves cdale after 8 years. I wonder if thats a smart move for him. He's not the threat he was a couple years ago, even on short track. But maybe trek or spesh or scott would sign him if only for the huge south american market.
Screenshot_20221117-083932_Instagram.jpg

Ian F

Sux about AP.

Agree Avancini leaving Cannondale is interesting and also agree he still has value in the SA market, so I'm sure one of the bigger brands will pick him up if mainly for that.

Yolanda Neff via her IG posts is back in NC for the winter... and pipping local enduro and cross races. It does make you wonder if she will ever attempt the EWS circuit.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Norco DH factory back on lol, and new "veteran rider" to be announced. New CEO apparently and he reversed the decision to get rid of their factory DH team. XC still gone though.

Screenshot_20221128-155015_Chrome.jpg

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you watch credits, the title of "producer" can mean a lot of things and apply to a number of people in a single production.

as with all job titles . . . . and thats why you ask for details at the job interview before you accept the job.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you watch credits, the title of "producer" can mean a lot of things and apply to a number of people in a single production.
Producer’s usually wear many hats and do whatever is needed to keep the shit show together. Producing for broadcast is typically more straight forward than film/cinema and comes with a lot less liability. That said, I have never worked in sports so it could be a totally different animal.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Producer’s usually wear many hats and do whatever is needed to keep the shit show together. Producing for broadcast is typically more straight forward than film/cinema and comes with a lot less liability. That said, I have never worked in sports so it could be a totally different animal.
Well it would certainly be a ride for a season or two. I'd love to work for red bull or now discovery but it's not in the cards for me.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Wonder if this means trek will sign another rider. Vergier wilson kade and shandro is already a pretty killer team of course.

Ian F

Qualifying -> semi-finals -> finals?

Sounds... interesting...

Thoughts? As far as I know, we still haven't seen what the streaming deal will cost, or if it will just be part of whatever streaming system already offered by WB/Discovery (I haven't looked into it yet).

Ian F

Wonder if this means trek will sign another rider. Vergier wilson kade and shandro is already a pretty killer team of course.
Or if it means Trek cut the roster by one rider and he decided to just retire rather than look for another team.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Qualifying -> semi-finals -> finals?

Sounds... interesting...

Thoughts? As far as I know, we still haven't seen what the streaming deal will cost, or if it will just be part of whatever streaming system already offered by WB/Discovery (I haven't looked into it yet).
I'm interested but a little skeptical about the introduction of semifinal runs. I dont disagree the finals can be easier to follow and more exciting with fewer riders. But I also think the extra round 1. Increases the likelihood of injury, 2. Makes the qualies less relevant, and 3. Helps ensure the best riders win, thereby making the Cinderella stories that are so exciting less likely.

MTB DH is unique. I guess we're not done sorting its competition structure just yet.

Top Bottom