2022 pro gravity schedule

Ian F

Both XC races were insane. It was hell getting up at 4:30AM to watch it live, but worth it. Especially since the courses started getting so technical a few years ago. There is a drop between tree in this course. It looks like nothing in the video (they barely even focus on it), but I remember seeing a side view of riders hitting it from past years and from lip to landing is over 6' for the women, and probably over 8' at the speeds the men were hitting it.

The DH was a nail-biter to the end, but nothing compared to the XCO.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
BTW I don't mind that nino and mathias hate each other at all. They have an intensity and aggression you don't see in downhill and it's refreshing to see a rivalry that intense where they'll do every thing in their ability to smash their opponent. Good for the sport as far as I'm concerned!

Reminds me of the bill burr skit on Lance -- "He's a psychopath on a bicycle. But he's not hurting anyone, just keep him on the bike!"

serviceguy

Fine with me. But what don't you like beyond that they crashed? Nino's outburst at the finish line? Hes always been pretty arrogant and having to share the spotlight with a fellow Swiss man clearly bothers him.
I did not even watch the race. I was referring to one or both sides of the rivalry 'do every thing in their ability to smash their opponent'. If by 'smash' you mean performing at a much higher level than the rival within the limits set by the sport (i.e. no doping), then I would tend to agree. From what I read Nino's claim is that the other guy crashed intentionally or caused him to crash intentionally, so much so that he got fined for expressing such view out loud. As more often than I would like it to happen, it's purely a discussion in terms of principles rather than the specific case (which I did not watch so I can't really talk about).

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I did not even watch the race. I was referring to one or both sides of the rivalry 'do every thing in their ability to smash their opponent'. If by 'smash' you mean performing at a much higher level than the rival within the limits set by the sport (i.e. no doping), then I would tend to agree...
Yeah I dont mean smash literally. They're focused on winning and also dislike each other, thats it. Mathias almost definitely didn't sabotage himself to crash nino. He wins races himself far more and he was going for the win. Watch the lap -- they passed each other at least twice that lap and clearly he went for a pass a third time and knocked them both down accidentally. Its fine and just intense competition -- two Swiss men wanting to win at the biggest Swiss event of the year. Also nino was fined because his outburst was vulgar and on camera right at the finish line -- there's no ulterior stuff going on.

serviceguy

Yeah I dont mean smash literally. They're focused on winning and also dislike each other, thats it. Mathias almost definitely didn't sabotage himself to crash nino. He wins races himself far more and he was going for the win. Watch the lap -- they passed each other at least twice that lap and clearly he went for a pass a third time and knocked them both down accidentally. Its fine and just intense competition -- two Swiss men wanting to win at the biggest Swiss event of the year. Also nino was fined because his outburst was vulgar and on camera right at the finish line -- there's no ulterior stuff going on.
Yep, then I agree.

Perhaps this disagreement will spawn an intense disagreement we can all follow along and be entertained by.
Sorry @Norm nothing to see here...why would you think I would involve myself in an intense disagreement? I'm a rather mellow guy...I don't get it. Or is it something we can have an intense disagreement about with resulting entertaining developments ?!?!

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Right back to a world cup this weekend baby! Valnord! DH time training today and the top five is a who's who of France -- and yes bruni looks like he's back to health. Dak top 10 and I'm hopeful he comes right back after last weekend's great run and gets on the podium.

This weekend is XC as well which means we see part deux of nino vs mathias. Let's watch these fiery Swiss men tear each other apart!

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Valnord qualies done and the top 4 are the usual suspects but gwin qualifies 5th! Wow I guess he really is back.

Dak 7th which is great and Austin Dooley getting better each race and is 18th.

Danny hart all the way back in 19 is weird. Luca shaw broke his wrist and is likely done for the season.
Screenshot_20220715-112320_Chrome.jpg

serviceguy

A few interesting names and change up (minus the frenchies that is) in the top 10 elite men and close proximity (I'm waiting for a big performance by Bernard Kerr).

A little disappointed that Tahnee Seagrave is not back yet and the flying mom not competing.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
A weird race right? Exciting to be sure and lots of lead changes which is always awesome but what a weird course that I thought for sure someone would get hurt on (at the end). And super short. Great seeing Gwin doing so well again.

serviceguy

A weird race right? Exciting to be sure and lots of lead changes which is always awesome but what a weird course that I thought for sure someone would get hurt on (at the end). And super short. Great seeing Gwin doing so well again.
Yep, surprised myself routing for Gwin to win it. He'll get there, I'm sure. The winner was a beauty to watch coming down the mountain though (minus the mustache that is).

serviceguy

Boy oh boy, Iles sporting the worst mustache in the history of mustaches. Ever! What is wrong with this kids?

ebarker9

Great race. Glad to see that there weren't any serious injuries in the final. Everything about that track was scary, but particularly that finish section.

Also cool to see just how different the riding style between the top 5 is. Loris is so light and precise, just looks like he can change directions so quickly and easily. Loic and Gwin both look incredibly solid but Loic's suspension is so much more active.

Ian F

My takeaways from this race:

Crazy stat: Neko didn't have a great run and finished 61st. The time gap between 1 and 61? A bit over 14 seconds.

Gwin should be protected for Snowshoe, which will help him.

Besides being fast AF, I'm not sure anyone seems to be having as much fun racing as Jackson Goldstone. While it shouldn't be surprising he does so well in front of a camera with social media since he's basically been doing it his whole life, but it's still amazes me how well he has responded to the pressure of joining such a big team while so young.

It was funny how the injured Luca Shaw seemed to be in half of the Pivot pit shots of Bernard Kerr's LSD videos. I remember going to a Plattekill race once when I was injured and couldn't race. Holy hell that was a brutal weekend, so I can feel for Luca on that one.

Top Bottom