2022 pro gravity schedule

Ian F

I noticed that too. Might have something to do with the summit pond damn problem? Management might not be able to commit to event dates?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Neko broke a finger in practice but says he's still racing lourdes in three and a half weeks. Call me skeptical on that.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Did we ever get the 2022 sched on here?
  • March 26-27: Lourdes, France (DH)
  • April 8-10: Petropolis, Brazil (XCO/XCC)
  • May 6-8: Albstadt, Germany (XCO/XCC)
  • May 13-15: Nové Město, Czech Republic (XCO/XCC)
  • May 21-22: Fort William, UK (DH)
  • June 10-12: Leogang, Austria (DH/XCO/XCC)
  • July 8-10: TBC (DH/XCO/XCC)
  • July 15-17: Vallnord, Andorra (DH/XCO/XCC)
  • July 29-31: Snowshoe, USA (DH/XCO/XCC)
  • August 5-7: Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada (DH/XCO/XCC)
  • August 24–28: UCI Mountain Bike World Championships – Les Gets, France
  • September 2-4: Val di Sole, Italy (DH/XCO/XCC)

DH only. Stinks we have 2 months wait after the first race. July and August heavy sched.
  • March 26-27: Lourdes, France (DH)
  • May 21-22: Fort William, UK (DH)
  • June 10-12: Leogang, Austria (DH/XCO/XCC)
  • July 8-10: TBC (DH/XCO/XCC)
  • July 15-17: Vallnord, Andorra (DH/XCO/XCC)
  • July 29-31: Snowshoe, USA (DH/XCO/XCC)
  • August 5-7: Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada (DH/XCO/XCC)
  • August 24–28: UCI Mountain Bike World Championships – Les Gets, France
  • September 2-4: Val di Sole, Italy (DH/XCO/XCC)

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
BTW 11 world cup weekends plus world champs makes Justin a happy boy. So much to watch this year. A nice swan song for red bull. I wonder if they're any closer on a location for the TBD race in July.

Ian F

Hmm... just a WAG, but based on the location of the following race in Andorra, perhaps Portugal?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Dak crushed everyone st Tennessee nationals by 6 seconds. Guess he's warming up to the new intense rig. Gwin was there with him til a flat. No luca shaw. Looking good for dak to podium this year.

Attachments

• p3pb22202523.jpg
    p3pb22202523.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 60

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Alright so first world cup of the year this weekend! Who ya got?

Only injury i know of is brosnan who i assume is not racing. Pierron is healthy i believe. Greenland looking like fire on the new bike. hart, depraela, wilson, wallace, vergier and bruni all healthy I believe.

And the americans are all healthy except neko who I believe is racing but broke his hand (?) just a few weeks ago so is likely not to do great. Dak and gwin on the other hand may do great. Not sure about Charlie harrison who has struggled with injuries in the past but has podiumed before. And if minaar is still alive then he's still a threat to win as well.

Worth noting gwin used to own this track winning in both 2015 and 2016. Hart podiumed both times those years as well. Pierron and bruni have podiumed here before as well.

Ian F

Hard to bet against Amaury these days, but it would be awesome to see Gwin do well again.

Hopefully, the "wild card" (Covid positive test) doesn't get dealt to anyone. And of course, the other wild card is the weather, which has had people questioning the date of this race since it was announced as it's wet more often than not this time of year.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Hard to bet against Amaury these days, but it would be awesome to see Gwin do well again.

Hopefully, the "wild card" (Covid positive test) doesn't get dealt to anyone. And of course, the other wild card is the weather, which has had people questioning the date of this race since it was announced as it's wet more often than not this time of year.
Agreed. I have pierron on my fantasy team for this race. I think gwin is hungry and this may be his best shot for one last win. But I'm really curious about dak since he seems really comfy on that m29!

The schedule is unfortunate -- 2 months between races 1 and 2. Apparently the folks in Lourdes said it was this weekend or not at all.

If it becomes a mud bath then wilson becomes the favorite!

ebarker9

Agreed. I have pierron on my fantasy team for this race. I think gwin is hungry and this may be his best shot for one last win. But I'm really curious about dak since he seems really comfy on that m29!

The schedule is unfortunate -- 2 months between races 1 and 2. Apparently the folks in Lourdes said it was this weekend or not at all.

If it becomes a mud bath then wilson becomes the favorite!

For anyone who hasn't seen it regarding Gwin. He makes it sound like there were clear and obvious shortcomings with the prior Intense prototype and the M29 once they tested some competitor's products (I know the Session and Commencal Supreme were all but confirmed, perhaps there were others as well) that they believe they've now addressed. Would be cool to see him back in the mix along with Dak.

Ian F

The way Gwin had such success on the both the Specialized Demo and the YT Tues, I've wondered how long it would be until Intense went to a FSR-style suspension design.

I also believe Intense should skip building a carbon DH frame and stick to aluminum. I tend to think hiring a couple of welders and building the DH frames in-house in small runs would be more profitable than the investment required to do inflexible carbon molds.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
The way Gwin had such success on the both the Specialized Demo and the YT Tues, I've wondered how long it would be until Intense went to a FSR-style suspension design.

I also believe Intense should skip building a carbon DH frame and stick to aluminum. I tend to think hiring a couple of welders and building the DH frames in-house in small runs would be more profitable than the investment required to do inflexible carbon molds.
Tires as well. Did he ever win on kendas?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Orbea has been making some pretty good bikes and gained a loyal following, a few on this forum. It wasn't a negative statement. I'm more of a Knolly/Salsa fanboy for no specific reasons LOL
I gave my transition to my son and now I think about what I will get in its place (assuming I have any options in this bike-scarce era). And it's a funny thought -- the bikes are all amazing, so what brand aligns with me? I'm a huge racing fan and so my first hope is to ride a brand that supports racing in some way even if they sign frenchies and not americans. But I also like the boutique brands that can't afford to sponsor a world cup team.

Top Bottom