2022 pro gravity schedule

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Just want to make sure everyone knows the full red bull commentary crew did a decade retrospective at the end of the men's XCO race. Tip of the cap to red bull for putting on these races the past 10 years and streaming it for free for us. Lets see what warner brothers can do (and please let it not cost too much!).

Ian F

Dean Lucas posted a great interview with Bernard Kerr at MSA this morning where they discuss the WB/Discovery deal (and lack of info to the teams) quite a bit. Definitely worth a watch/listen:

serviceguy

To be honest, Mulally’s bike is not exactly inspiring durability nor much speed, he’s also reusing some old parts that have been repurposed (chainstays and seatstays I believe), as much as I admire the spirit, the ingenuity, the freedom and work that the Nemo Mulally’s racing team/bike manufacturing operation demands it’s probably take a long time before it turns into a race winning machine. Still, tons of kudos to him.

Ian F

I suppose Hardline could be compared to an "All Star" event from ball sports. Crazy track. Limited racer roster. This year will see some absolutely insane jumps as well as the first woman to attempt riding/racing the course. We'll probably start seeing rider run POV videos tomorrow, but Bernard Kerr posted a track walk video today:

serviceguy

I suppose Hardline could be compared to an "All Star" event from ball sports. Crazy track. Limited racer roster. This year will see some absolutely insane jumps as well as the first woman to attempt riding/racing the course. We'll probably start seeing rider run POV videos tomorrow, but Bernard Kerr posted a track walk video today:

I completely forgot to watch because of the group ride yesterday and I just saw the results...next year is going to be interesting.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Good chat on punkbike as to what kind of DH series red bull could have next year. Everyone hoping for hardline to become bigger but I think there's a simpler and better solution with crankworx. Get rid of all the extras in crankworx and have it just DH and slopestyle and that will become a huge attraction. Then keep hardline one race and just make it bigger every year like rampage.

mtbiker87

Good chat on punkbike as to what kind of DH series red bull could have next year. Everyone hoping for hardline to become bigger but I think there's a simpler and better solution with crankworx. Get rid of all the extras in crankworx and have it just DH and slopestyle and that will become a huge attraction. Then keep hardline one race and just make it bigger every year like rampage.
Gotta disagree on this one. If by "extras" you mean pumptrack, dual salom, speed and style, ect, I think you're sorely off base. These events are what makes Crankworx ...well...Crankworx ! I'd rather see more of that honestly. These events give a stage to the best " all around" talented riders, not just those lazer focused on a single discipline, which I personally find much more interesting.To change this, would ruin Crankworx, sacrificing it for DH. Sorry, but that sounds pretty crap to me. Crankworx exposes new, and under represented riders, to both the public, and potentially bigger sponcers, without all( or a least as much of) the UCI
political bullshit, and at less expense to the teams who participate. And let's be honest, if the riders and teams really wanted to make a statement to the UCI, they'd be boycotting WC races, and just racing Crankworx and the national series events held in Thier home countries. Which they won't. This is wishful thinking from fans disgruntled, and understandably so, by the TV coverage being sold out to discovery, and them now having to pay for it. As long as the major trade teams support UCI WC DH racing, nothing is going to change.

Last edited:

Ian F

It remains to be seen if we'll have to pay to watch. With seemingly little fanfare, I noticed a new YouTube channel the other day: GCN Live. Which has been broadcasting some of the World Championship road events from Australia. I was actually surprised I was able to watch the Time Trial events as I've been under the impression NBC had those rights pretty locked down in the US market.

I agree with the above assessment of Crankworx. The DH race is not really the marquee event - it's slopestyle.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Gotta disagree on this one. If by "extras" you mean pumptrack, dual salom, speed and style, ect, I think you're sorely off base. These events are what makes Crankworx ...well...Crankworx ! I'd rather see more of that honestly. These events give a stage to the best " all around" talented riders, not just those lazer focused on a single discipline, which I personally find much more interesting.To change this, would ruin Crankworx, sacrificing it for DH. Sorry..
You kinda twisted my reco into something extreme lol but all good I love the POV. I watch crankworx and outside the slopestyle its kind of a second rate festival. No one cares about pump track and the DH is pretty meh. Only slopestyle matters and what I'm proposing is the DH is elevated and maybe we skip the pump track. I think it'll happen. Tighten it up a little, and keep hardline a single crazy event.

Top Bottom