2021 Trail Work Dirty Thursday Thread - Ringwood

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Dirty Thursday work days at Ringwood are on schedule to begin on June 10. They will take place every Thursday, weather permitting unless noted in this thread. Meet time is 4pm at work site, and work site locations may change each week. I will try to post up location and time notifications the day before, but RSVP each week is recommended. This thread is just for Dirty Thursday information.

Steady or heavy rain cancels. Tools will be provided. Wear sturdy shoes and bring gloves if you have them. You are welcome to come later or leave earlier if you want. More more info, contact Art ellenart82(at)gmail(dot)com

June 10 - 4pm Location: Intersection of race course and Whites Rd just north of ruins.
June 17 - Crossover trail below Shepherd Lake rd. Near to where it dumps out onto the sewer line.
June 24 - Aug 26 - Cooper Union Tr north end by power line and NY state line. Meet near Stateline Tr and Cooper Union Tr intersection.

Dirty Thursday ends for the season with work on September 23 2021.

Last edited:

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
June 10 work site location. 4pm.

JUne 10.png

Sergey

Yes, perhaps Reversion is closest. We may park in Lot C b/c we may go in around 3 and school is still open.
Are you sure it's open? When I pass by at 12-12:30 there are cars already lined up for pick-up and the buses are leaving. I think they end school day around this time.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Great! Thanks for posting that. I assumed it was 3pm, but it looks like last class is out by 1:30.

Cannonbill

My daughter is home by 12:30, the teachers leave pretty quickly. Only a handful of staff stay past 1/130.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Dirty Thursdays will be moving to Cooper Union Tr at the north end. We may be here for most the season. The work spot can be accessed from Stateline Trail near the intersection with Cooper Union Tr. ( the blue line is stateline and purple circle starting work site ) . The closest parking is the lot by Eagle Valley Pond or the end of Long Meadow Rd.

meet spot cooper Union.png

serviceguy

Dirty Thursdays will be moving to Cooper Union Tr at the north end. We may be here for most the season. The work spot can be accessed from Stateline Trail near the intersection with Cooper Union Tr. ( the blue line is stateline and purple circle starting work site ) . The closest parking is the lot by Eagle Valley Pond or the end of Long Meadow Rd.

View attachment 160271
Are you going to plan some weekend dates for this project given its workload?

serviceguy

View attachment 160271
I maybe able to make it today but I’ll have to drive. I didn’t see any sign contrary to that so would it be possible to park in one of those small areas near cooper union trailhead?

Last edited:

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
You could probably park near cooper union trail head for trail work as long as you do not block access to power line. The lot at the end of long meadow rd is a preferred parking spot for trail use. It is about 1/2 mile walk/ride on social trail.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
July 1 Dirty Thursday meets in the same spot as last week: Cooper Union and Stateline intersection. Currently there is an 80% chance of rain, which does not sound good. Steady or heavy rain cancels.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Currently it is not raining in Ringwood, but the radar shows a wall of heavy rain that should hit us around 4. I think we will cancel TM tonight.

serviceguy

@pixychick and Art are doing fantastic work on the new trail, I haven’t been able to help much but I’ve seen enough to say I can’t wait to ride it! The end result will be well worth any effort that can be put into it, if anybody has a chance to show up and give a helping hand on Ditty Thursday or during any weekend sessions that will be scheduled we all will benefit from it!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions