98.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 20210917_150225.jpg
    20210917_150225.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 20210917_151154.jpg
    20210917_151154.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 93

serviceguy

Oh crap, gutted for Daprela! Broken ankle, are you kidding me?!?!? Going from dominating (almost) his first Elite year to be injured in 3 days. I guess he could still win the overall if each one of his competitor screw up their run but that would be most unfair and unlikely...I'm annoyed at the wave of frenchies as much as anybody else but wouldn't wish that on anybody and especially someone so promising. It's going to be another one for the ages tomorrow, there must be some serious black magic going on over there!

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Agreed about daprala -- he's been the matt walker/Troy brosnan of 2021 -- winning or nearly winning everything which is almost unbelievable given how ttight this year is. I talked with eliot jackson for like 10 minutes (he's like five seven btw) and he agreed this year is different and crazy dense. Also while I'm naming dropping I chatted with dak, warner, Clay harper from mountain creek/us open fame, and troy brosnan for as much time as I wanted. Super cool. Shaw was a little aloof but he's hurt so i get it. Pierron not wanting to talk.

btw dak said he really tried to evate to the top thisbyear and how it took so much mind matter on top of crazy training. He's thin and fit as hell.

Anyway today was awesome and watching the short track was also bananas. Tons of fun and the beer is flowing. Got to be on the finish line for both the women and men to see koretsky outsprint blevins and avancini and evie outsprint Yolanda and Jenny. Super rad.

And oh yeah tomorrow is DH finals!

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
.I'm annoyed at the wave of frenchies as much as anybody...
This is something I got to talk to dak about and I was frankly surprised at his confidence. I mentioned (because I'm a geek) how the US put as many men in the top ten the past couple races as Britain and France have and how happy I was we have him and Charlie and luca and everyone else to root for unlike some years when we've honestly had zero guys in the top 10 race after race. And he said "we can dominate the podium and thats the goal" I was like BAM this guy wants to bring it.

serviceguy

This is something I got to talk to dak about and I was frankly surprised at his confidence. I mentioned (because I'm a geek) how the US put as many men in the top ten the past couple races as Britain and France have and how happy I was we have him and Charlie and luca and everyone else to root for unlike some years when we've honestly had zero guys in the top 10 race after race. And he said "we can dominate the podium and thats the goal" I was like BAM this guy wants to bring it.
I hope that his confidence translates into reality, they’re all amazing athletes and in top shape, but so far they seem to lack the little something that makes the difference when you cross the line. It’s going to happen. I’m also thinking Finn Iles is due the top of the podium soon. It’s fractions of a second anyway.

It’s kind of nice not having any skin in the game (so to speak) so I can enjoy the performances of all riders without any national bias…

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Funny moment - talking to loic bruni and he sees dylans velerium hat which is from 2018 MSA and says mont st anne were you guys there? And I say yep it was great. I cant remember who won that one. And he kinda smiles and says: "it was me." Lol

serviceguy

RED ALERT !!! RED ALERT !!! RED ALERT !!!

@Ian F , @NJ-XC-Justin it appears that's just the three of us following this thread, the two of you are watching the race in Snowshoe, I'm watching it live so I think that I will not hold back at the end of the race, especially because I think it will be awesome!

Thoughts anybody (if even there) ?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
That's fine its the last race. Do the play by play or comment right afterward. Headed to the start line for the women now!

serviceguy

That's fine its the last race. Do the play by play or comment right afterward. Headed to the start line for the women now!
Me too. In my living room. After mowing and blowing the lawn...Loic Bruni wasn't anywhere to be seen. Neither was Rob Warner. Meh!

Is Minnaar racing? I saw he supposedly did a couple of runs yesterday?!?!

Ian F

Just got back to the condo after a brutal road climb back up the mtn (WTF was I thinking? ...granted, why am I surprised the longest and highest road climb I've ever done hurt like hell?)

Yeah... Such amazing racing. While I already know the results, I look forward to watching the replay to see how it all went down. I can't recall a season when both the men's and women's points were so close at the end. Wow.

So many crashes...

I don't know if Jessica Blewitt's crash was on the live feed, but it was BAD. Apparently she 50-50 cased the final triple and was pile-driven into the next jump face. Caused a 20 min delay while they got her stabilized and off the mtn to an ambulance. My friend's daughter was shaken up by it, "I've never heard someone screaming in pain like that..."

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I've had such an awesome weekend. First time at snoeshoe and it's more a village and thing overall than mont at anne. Also lucky to be here for the final world cup of the year as everyone is really letting it rip. Mybsonkianhangingnwith the DH guysbright now in the puts as they do tricks and whatever else. Hopefully he's back before midnight lol.

The race was pretty great. Being on the mountain I didnt follow it as closely as if I was at home. But we made our way down the mountain (we had 62 men to see lol) and saw the final 12 at the finish. When troy went green we erupted. The finish wasn't what I hoped for but to see so many podium changes in the final 10 is what you want. The weather was also fantastic all weekend.

What a season!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
First time at snoeshoe and it's more a village and thing overall than mont at anne.

Snowshoe is a cool spot. I was there twice for Nats. Did you stay in the village? There was a lot more people there this weekend than at Nats and I was curious how hard it was to find a spot to stay.

JonFern

Formerly: send jon ferns
Pinkbike updated on Jess Blewitt’s condition after her gnarly crash. Broken femur requiring surgery, broken collarbone, wrist, cracked rib, and 2 small cracks in her lower back. Hope she recovers quickly and is able to ride next season

Last edited:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Snowshoe is a cool spot. I was there twice for Nats. Did you stay in the village? There was a lot more people there this weekend than at Nats and I was curious how hard it was to find a spot to stay.
Entire village was 100% completely booked. We booked last november and it was filling up then. We were at the Allegheny right there at the XC finish and village center, and outside the place "upgrading" me to a downgrade and the entire village running out of water for a few hours Saturday it was amazing. Honestly there are some things I love about mont saint anne but I think it want to come back here again next year instead of returning to Canada. Only downside is needing to get back up the mountain at the end of the DH finals.

Top Bottom