2021 Pro Gravity Schedule

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just watched the XC finals. I knew who won from Insta but still wanted to see it.

I can’t say for DH (I’ll watch that over the winter) but for XC, Snowshoe had without a doubt the loudest crowd.

Ian F

I left after the Women's XCO race as I needed to get on the road (still need to watch the replay to find out what happened to KC). I wish I could have stayed. As-is I still got home after 9PM. Since it takes me a few hours to decompress after a drive like that I don't like getting home too late anymore. Especially when I have to get up for work the next morning.

The crowds were crazy. I knew the lift line after the DH would be long, but I didn't realize how long until after watching Kerr's LSD video. Wow... Now really glad I chose to ride down and back up instead, although it did pretty much kill me. I'm kinda pissed at myself for not going to the pit-party, but I was hit with a migraine and couldn't really leave the condo for awhile.

As mentioned, I booked my condo the minute the schedule was announced months ago. And then called to extend it when the second race was added. Next time I want to figure out how to get a VIP pass as I really want to be at the finish line for the DH race.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any links to the race videos?

Download the redbull app on a phone or smart TV. Go to Events. All the UCI World Cup XC and DH races are there to watch and redbull does an awesome job. (I actually hate watching a race broadcast through anyone else).

serviceguy

Anyone else got aggravated looking at the finish line interviewer trying to pry answers from a visibly emotional Sick Mik? 'what were you thinking?' ...I think his sister should have kicked her!

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I left after the Women's XCO race as I needed to get on the road (still need to watch the replay to find out what happened to KC). I wish I could have stayed. As-is I still got home after 9PM. Since it takes me a few hours to decompress after a drive like that I don't like getting home too late anymore. Especially when I have to get up for work the next morning.

The crowds were crazy. I knew the lift line after the DH would be long, but I didn't realize how long until after watching Kerr's LSD video. Wow... Now really glad I chose to ride down and back up instead, although it did pretty much kill me. I'm kinda pissed at myself for not going to the pit-party, but I was hit with a migraine and couldn't really leave the condo for awhile.
We left 8am Sunday. 8 hr drive so no time for XC unfortunately. Home at 430 and able to watch the XC races last night and look for myself at the DH finish line 😅

We ended up taking a shuttle back up the mountain btw. We waited almost an hour and then jumped on a shuttle. I would think waiting for the lift would have been another full hour given how slow it was operating.

The pit party Saturday night was fun but I felt too old for it frankly. My son at 15 was more the age -- age 17 or 18 was frankly ideal. The mountain rider guy was like the MC. My son stayed and I went back to the hotel. Caught the Saturday night band who weren't as fun for me as the Friday night band but still a fun time.

Ian F

I was passed by the shuttle buses a few times. I took the shuttle as well after qualifying on Friday. The line was long, but not anywhere near as long as on Sat.

Back in 2019 my teammate and I followed the DH crew from bar to bar until they finally kicked everyone out of the last bar around 1am or so. I don't know how I didn't get sick, I drank so much... I was better off than Laurie Greenland, who had guys on both sides helping him stagger back to his room. A plastered Tracy Hannah was entertaining as well. I'm guessing the festivities were more subdued this year as I'm sure the last thing any of those guys want is to test positive before flying home. In all honesty, I'm going to limit my contact with anyone as much as possible for the next week or two after attending an event like that with so many people from all over.

The drive home was fun. Part of me wishes I had something more fun to drive than the minivan. Another part of me tells me I would have been even more nuts. I'm sure there were a few folks wondering "WTF was that?" as a black minivan from PA flew past them and through the next set of curves.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I was passed by the shuttle buses a few times. I took the shuttle as well after qualifying on Friday. The line was long, but not anywhere near as long as on Sat.

The drive home was fun. Part of me wishes I had something more fun to drive than the minivan. Another part of me tells me I would have been even more nuts. I'm sure there were a few folks wondering "WTF was that?" as a black minivan from PA flew past them and through the next set of curves.
I loved the drive home. Frankly I enjoyed this drive more than the drive to MSA. Wife has a new mazda that is fun to drive and that was pretty f
good in those mountain curves. The forest and then the farm towns in WV are peaceful and pretty. We stayed in carlisle PA on the way down to break up the ride and so we could get the mountain in the early afternoon Friday. Cute little city.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Those roads coming home from Snowshoe are sick. Loads of fun in my GTI.

Ian F

I loved the drive home. Frankly I enjoyed this drive more than the drive to MSA. Wife has a new mazda that is fun to drive and that was pretty f
good in those mountain curves. The forest and then the farm towns in WV are peaceful and pretty. We stayed in carlisle PA on the way down to break up the ride and so we could get the mountain in the early afternoon Friday. Cute little city.
I stopped at the Fredrick Watershed on my way down on Sunday to ride with some teammates. While I did have to leave my house before 7am, it broke up the drive nicely. On the plus side, I saw very few cars once I got off the highways. Much fewer than the way home. Did anyone else see the convoy of Corvettes heading in the opposite direction on a few of the roads?

Few things will piss off a sports car owner than getting tail-gated through corners by a minivan... meanwhile I'm behind them saying, "YTF are you slowing down?????" Then after I pass them they try to stay with me for a few corners before giving up. And this is why I don't regularly drive my sports cars... and why the fastest one of them has all of 200 HP.

The only guy who I didn't try to keep up with was a local in a full-sized 4x4 pickup truck who passed a line of us stuck behind a junkman trailer, although I did keep him in sight for awhile after I managed to get around as well, but he was already far ahead.

Ian F

On a more serious note... anyone notice just how damn silent pro DH bikes are? Over the winter I'll be on a mission to make the Megatower a bit more like that.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
On a more serious note... anyone notice just how damn silent pro DH bikes are? Over the winter I'll be on a mission to make the Megatower a bit more like that.
Some oh yeah. I stationed myself right by the final jump and a few bikes were whisper quiet. Even the hubs were less noisy than the typical i9s/hopes I often hear on the trails. But zero rattling.

Ian F

Not quite done yet! Crankworks Rotorua is happening. Dual Speed and Style is broadcasting live on YouTube (and I suppose RedbullTV?) right now. (5:30 PA on Thurs). Other events will get broadcast live over the next few days, although some of the times will be rough for us in the eastern US .... since New Zealand in on the other side of the globe...

Ian F

I stayed up too late and watched the DS live. Awesome racing. Slopestyle is tonight, but keeps getting delayed due to wind.

Ian F

I understand 4X is still a thing in Europe, but isn't part of the World Cup schedule. IIRC, they still have a World Championships?

While I enjoyed 4X, many of the races tended to be decided at the hole-shot without much opportunities for passing - at least not without having to berm-stuff your opponents. While many bike parks have a DS course in varying degrees of condition and challenge, I haven't seen any with a 4X course.

Top Bottom