Park Rat Thread

THATmanMANNY

kinda thinking the same! But seeing what happens with one of appointments. If it’s canceled I can go…

JonF

Same here, i'll have to make the call wed once i see things clear up enough to take off.

THATmanMANNY

Not sure if I can pull it off this week but anyone looking for two passes for $50? (two triples play cards, one left on each)
Will mail today.

ebarker9

For all you hemming and hauling over the latest and greatest

That was a fun video. My guess is that the gap would be even wider for a less skilled rider. Peaty obviously spent most of his career riding small, sketchy bikes and has the ability to cope with that. For most of us, I suspect the difference in confidence that the two bikes provide would be a huge differentiator. I think Cathro was saying that he doesn't feel that modern bikes are "faster" they just make it easier to go a given speed.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Hope everyone got out for the final weekend. I saw an mtbnj jersey or two saturday. Lines were longest I've seen this year but nowhere near as bad as 2020. Saturday was a perfect day -- only downside was the epic wait for food at biergarten.

My son didn't progress this year as he did the previous year and we only went to creek I think 7 times this year after 18 times in 2020. He needs to decide if he wants to go for it or not. Currently we go and ride the same 6 or 7 trails each time and he isn't attempting dominion any more like he was last year. If he wants to go for it next year I'll get season passes again as well as some lessons. Maybe a new bike. Right now I'm on the fence about season passes vs triple plays.

bergsnj

I made it up there Saturday morning and left when the line got long. Glad I got in one last session at Creek. This season was awesome, I kept a tally and I rode Creek 17 times, Killington 3 times and Thunder Mountain 2 times. I can't wait to get back out in '22.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I made it up there Saturday morning and left when the line got long. Glad I got in one last session at Creek. This season was awesome, I kept a tally and I rode Creek 17 times, Killington 3 times and Thunder Mountain 2 times. I can't wait to get back out in '22.
Next year I really want to get to other parks and not just creek. I hear killington is huge and great. Is it your favorite park?

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I got there late yesterday, only got maybe 4 or 5 runs in but they were all super fun party laps with the homies. Between injuries, moving, and new job I barely got to ride the second half of the season. I definitely still got enough days in to justify season pass though. Pissed I didn't jump on that when they released next years.

I guess it's time for my fat ass to start pedaling again.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got 25 solid days at creek this year . Will most likely get another pass next year but also want to ride other parks more . Definitely more dh races as well it's just more exciting than enduro . My friend is also dead set on riding fort hill at thunder next year so that will prob happen yolo .

Ian F

I didn't get to Creek for the last weekend, but I got there three times this year, which is better than previous years. Plus a couple of days at Blue and one at Bryce. Unfortunately, didn't make it to Thunder. While I would like to get there more next year, I have a number of classic car trips planned, so I don't really know. There's a chance I'll make a few trips to Blue via back-roads with my GT6 as I need to put miles on it. Loading DH riding gear on/into the GT6 should be an amusing sight. Plus, I have to plan a tour down through WV, MD and western VA and with any luck I'll squeeze in a trip to Bryce along the way.

One of my friends posted the lift line was across the bridge to the ramps... Wow.

bergsnj

Next year I really want to get to other parks and not just creek. I hear killington is huge and great. Is it your favorite park?
Killington is by far my favorite. Night and day from creek. Way longer runs, top to bottom flow/jump trails. Like 50 jumps in 6 or 7 minutes non stop. Fast chairlifts, and the dirt is way better with way less braking bumps. Thunder is also good with long flow/jump trails and a bunch of tech too. The dirt at thunder is the best i've ever seen, so smooth.

Also creek jumps are all very lippy, seems like the gravity logic jump trails at killington and thunder are not as lippy and have HUGE landings so you can overshoot or come up short and be totally fine.

But, if you are a regular at creek you will be prepared for the gnarliest tech that you find in other parks. If you can ride creek tech then you'll be good on any tech trails out there.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bryan? Still laughing about him sending covenant first lap but walking his bike down asylum lol.
Yea , so he got better pedals and 5.10 shoes and now can ride tech ok . He rode utah with us before the enduro race and had no problem. He still can't ride the second wall ride on alpine though and actually ate shit pretty bad , so I can still bust his balls about that now 🤣

Top Bottom