Park Rat Thread

DownhillR3

Sadly didn’t make it out of work in time today... we should get up some day tho. The old school tech is my go to when the park gets crowded.

No rush, over 100 racers... we didn't take our first and only run down until 6:50.
We just lapped Dominion and everything else until the race line got down to the end.

Funny part is Thursday Night Race League now has almost the same payout as the Eastern States Cup for only a fractional of the entry fee. :)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
No rush, over 100 racers... we didn't take our first and only run down until 6:50.
We just lapped Dominion and everything else until the race line got down to the end.

Funny part is Thursday Night Race League now has almost the same payout as the Eastern States Cup for only a fractional of the entry fee. :)
Did you see the Bears on your last run?
E9D4E887-D983-4151-B8CC-DFF743A7CC43.jpeg

my go pro had died by that point but the female ran right across the trail ahead of me.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Great day yesterday, perfect weather, no crashes, some progression and watching my son gain confidence is awesome. I know I didn’t hit the real tech.

I think my favorite trail is tempest and that new lower section looks to be awesome (we rode it). Really like breakout too.

07608809-184C-4C97-B464-9496E9240F2A.jpeg

6A5E309E-7A03-4DC8-992C-EEBBF297CB80.jpeg
69020F96-9416-4384-B087-C0A8ACFEA3AF.jpeg

I also wore a half shell and didn’t loose my face.

oobaa47

Here we go again. With the water park creatures showing up any day now, parking has once again become an issue. First they tried to have paid parking years ago for everyone, but then the mtbers made a big enough stink, so then they allowed us access to the lot. Then they reduced the access to a limited number of first come, first serve, season pass holders. Now it looks like the potential parking revenue gains from the Creatures have taken precedence over the mtbers once again. If I'm reading the latest facebook post correctly, we now have to park with the general flow of traffic, and will be forced to pay to park in the normal lot, where it is usually free for us. Unreal......

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Here we go again. With the water park creatures showing up any day now, parking has once again become an issue. First they tried to have paid parking years ago for everyone, but then the mtbers made a big enough stink, so then they allowed us access to the lot. Then they reduced the access to a limited number of first come, first serve, season pass holders. Now it looks like the potential parking revenue gains from the Creatures have taken precedence over the mtbers once again. If I'm reading the latest facebook post correctly, we now have to park with the general flow of traffic, and will be forced to pay to park in the normal lot, where it is usually free for us. Unreal......
I think the paid parking is for the lot on the same side of the park no? Pass holders and triple play are free from what i'm reading as long as you show your pass.

oobaa47

I think the paid parking is for the lot on the same side of the park no? Pass holders and triple play are free from what i'm reading as long as you show your pass.
The lot adjacent to red tail lodge, is usually reserved for special guests, like people scoping out the grounds for a wedding, vendor's, and other individuals. The lot across the street, one time was free, then they tried charging us, then they allowed it free for season pass holders. I certainly hope I'm reading it incorrectly.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
From the website....
Summer Parking: Please note that with the Waterpark opening on Saturday, parking attendants will be back in place daily. Bikers will receive free general parking when they show their Pass, Triple Play or daily ticket reservation to the attendant. Parking in Cobblestone Lot 1 will require payment for all guests. Thank you for your cooperation.

oobaa47

From the website....
Summer Parking: Please note that with the Waterpark opening on Saturday, parking attendants will be back in place daily. Bikers will receive free general parking when they show their Pass, Triple Play or daily ticket reservation to the attendant. Parking in Cobblestone Lot 1 will require payment for all guests. Thank you for your cooperation.
Yeah, I was just searching their website as well. And it looks like we are getting the shaft once more......

Parking:

General Parking is free for Mountain Bikers and bikers should park with the flow of traffic. Once the Waterpark opens you will need to present your Mountain Bike proof of purchase to the parking attendant upon entry. Bikers may also choose to pay to park in the Cobblestone Paid Lot. Please note that no tents will be allowed in the Paid Parking Lot.

The only way is for everyone to contact them to bitch and moan, it worked before....

Last edited:

oobaa47

So it looks like $20 to park where we used to park for free before the water park creatures showed up, and free to park in the gravel lots.

Paying is not the issue in my opinion. I'd gladly pay $20, plus my season pass cost, if it means keeping the bike park open, but that's not the case. It's casting us aside to get extra parking revenue for customers that mostly show up once or twice a year. Whereas, the majority of riders show up multiple times a month for the entire 6 month season.

Now they have to hire security, parking lot attendants, and a parking lot cleaning crew to deal with all the issues that are associated with opening the water park.

And now we have to worry about our gear, tools, and possibly bikes go missing.

There should be some sort of middle ground: reserve a select number of spots for bikers in the cobblestone lot, like what they did in previous years.

Maybe they need the additional revenue to pay for Chuck's food costs....

groundhog.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
That's usually me but we couldn't make it last week. How long was the wait? Breakout is usually the most attended especially being the first race of the year.
Based on going by the line as we passed it numerous times, looked like an hour wait

Top Bottom