Park Rat Thread

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I rode my 130mm Evil at Creek (literally took it out of the box and went to creek that day 😂) and it was amazing in the flow trails and jumps. I wouldn’t dare touch the tech with it tho...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I rode my 130mm Evil at Creek (literally took it out of the box and went to creek that day 😂) and it was amazing in the flow trails and jumps. I wouldn’t dare touch the tech with it tho...
Samsies with my 5010, feel like my Mach 5.5 will be slight better suited. The speeds at the start of Crap Shoot started to get sketchy.

Ian F

It IS a bit crazy how 5" of travel is considered "XC" vs. 8" for "DH".

When we first started riding at Mtn Creek back in late 90's, we rode everything on 5" travel 26" bikes. Even then, not too many bikes had 8" of travel. 6" was common and a few bikes had 7".

To me, it's as much about tires as it is the amount of travel. Heavy, DH casing tires can make DH on a shorter travel bike a lot more fun.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
It IS a bit crazy how 5" of travel is considered "XC" vs. 8" for "DH".

When we first started riding at Mtn Creek back in late 90's, we rode everything on 5" travel 26" bikes. Even then, not too many bikes had 8" of travel. 6" was common and a few bikes had 7".

To me, it's as much about tires as it is the amount of travel. Heavy, DH casing tires can make DH on a shorter travel bike a lot more fun.
29" vs. 26" wheels make a huge difference too.

Reactions: don

Ian F

29" vs. 26" wheels make a huge difference too.
Definitely. A modern 29er with 130mm travel is way more capable than those old 26" bikes with 130mm (or more) travel.

My 2016 Intense Primer was a fun bike and I did a few enduro events on it, but was really limited by the size of the rear tire I could fit. A 2.4 was a no-go most of the time.

Robin

Have season pass and have a few items I'd like to check off this season.

I've ridden my DH bike and Roubion/Bronson at a bunch of parks. Some trails I prefer the nimbleness of the Roubion. Some trails I prefer the tank DH bike to plow through tech. But overall I like the big squish and big rotors.

thegock

Ha I knew.

So here is my detailed analysis after one time riding there with old man @thegock over 4 years ago using my 130 mm travel Salsa Horsethief:

It sucks.

The end

And...

Rick and $hillary IMG_20161014_120915.jpg

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
trails are running MINT today. Jump lines were fast and poppy. The new lips are super punchy.... beware. I also dove into BMW cocky af and had one of those OTBs that are so unexpected it’s like somebody ripped your soul right out from under you. It was awesome. Will be back out tomorrow if anyone wants to party.

ebarker9

trails are running MINT today. Jump lines were fast and poppy. The new lips are super punchy.... beware. I also dove into BMW cocky af and had one of those OTBs that are so unexpected it’s like somebody ripped your soul right out from under you. It was awesome. Will be back out tomorrow if anyone wants to party.

That roller right at the top of BMW?

Top Bottom