Park Rat Thread

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Park season is back! Share your stories, accomplishments, fails, journeys, and full sends here.

bergsnj

Picked up my first DH bike. Its a 2018 scott gambler. Its a lot more fun than my trail bike at creek, and dont have to worry about cracking carbon frames (like i’ve done twice in the past). Gonna be checking off some goals this year
63FC8C79-3DB8-424D-A486-33888D9A2572.jpeg

7C326265-F19E-451B-A721-DD1F7C3407EC.jpeg

ebarker9

Picked up my first DH bike. Its a 2018 scott gambler. Its a lot more fun than my trail bike at creek, and dont have to worry about cracking carbon frames (like i’ve done twice in the past). Gonna be checking off some goals this year
View attachment 157031

Nice! I ride a 2017 and it's been a great bike. Not the lightest thing out there but it will last forever.

robcleary

1620079483014.png
1620079503636.png

First time riding park! Made it up to Mtn Creek opening weekend with a friend of mine. My YT Jeffsy and myself held up mostly okay, until my 3rd lap about half way down I noticed a loud rattle on my front wheel. My front brake bolts stripped out. Thankfully my friend got the brake disconnected from the rotor and collected all the pieces in my pocket. Rode the fire-road down with just my rear brake. We found a longer bolt at the shop and managed to jerry-rig it back enough to get a few more laps in. We think the adapter might be the wrong one for my brake, so I'm off to order a (hopefully) correct one this week.

Anyway besides the brake mishap, park was crazy. I've never ridden anything that fast or intense in my life. I definitely improved throughout the day and was hitting (and clearing) some of the smaller jumps. Definitely will be back.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
View attachment 157046View attachment 157047

First time riding park! Made it up to Mtn Creek opening weekend with a friend of mine. My YT Jeffsy and myself held up mostly okay, until my 3rd lap about half way down I noticed a loud rattle on my front wheel. My front brake bolts stripped out. Thankfully my friend got the brake disconnected from the rotor and collected all the pieces in my pocket. Rode the fire-road down with just my rear brake. We found a longer bolt at the shop and managed to jerry-rig it back enough to get a few more laps in. We think the adapter might be the wrong one for my brake, so I'm off to order a (hopefully) correct one this week.

Anyway besides the brake mishap, park was crazy. I've never ridden anything that fast or intense in my life. I definitely improved throughout the day and was hitting (and clearing) some of the smaller jumps. Definitely will be back.
Welcome to the dark side!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hoping to actually get out to a park after a multi-year hiatus. Summer Friday afternoons might be my jam, we'll see.
My Friday crew taught me everything I know. Hit me up if it happens.

I will nose bonk off road to nowhere drop at some point this year
I’m still having flashbacks of my tire exploding going into road to nowhere that first time...

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Hoping to actually get out to a park after a multi-year hiatus. Summer Friday afternoons might be my jam, we'll see.
I see Fridays afternoons as my best opportunity to ride MC too.

Park season is back! Share your stories, accomplishments, fails, journeys, and full sends here.

Went Saturday 1-6pm and did 12 runs. I brought my Commencal Supreme and my Orbea Occam, which I let my buddy ride. He’s a very fast XC guy but never rode a DH park. We stuck to the green and blue trails and took it easy. I let him try to ride the 29er DH bike but it was just too much for him. The Occam felt so nice on the green and blue flow trails. Despite that, he kept wishing he brought his 130mm XC bike instead. :shrug:

You can lead a horse to water but... 🙄.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I see Fridays afternoons as my best opportunity to ride MC too.

Went Saturday 1-6pm and did 12 runs. I brought my Commencal Supreme and my Orbea Occam, which I let my buddy ride. He’s a very fast XC guy but never rode a DH park. We stuck to the green and blue trails and took it easy. I let him try to ride the 29er DH bike but it was just too much for him. The Occam felt so nice on the green and blue flow trails. Despite that, he kept wishing he brought his 130mm XC bike instead. :shrug:

You can lead a horse to water but... 🙄.
Probably too different....

Top Bottom