Park Rat Thread

ebarker9

my first time doing thursday night races. Hey someone has to fill that bottom spot :)

Can't make the first couple or I'm sure I'd give you a run for your money. Actually found it harder to race a trail like Breakout vs the Jack. I have zero comfort level trying to hit jumps at speed, so it was a lot of sprinting, braking hard before a jump, and then sprinting again. Actually that sounds like how I ride any jump trail, lots of braking to avoid inadvertent air 😂

DownhillR3

No braking before a jump. I'll be there racing on my single crown, wannabe e-bike. :)

If anyone wants help learning trails, conquering DH skills or finding the secret goods, feel free to PM me. Don't think you'll find many who know that mountain more... ;)

Last edited:

ebarker9

No braking before a jump. I'll be there racing on my single crown, wannabe e-bike. :)

If anyone wants help learning trails, conquering DH skills or finding the secret goods, feel free to PM me. Don't think you'll find many who know that mountain more... ;)

In fairness, I usually go way to the edge of the trail or just generally ride slowly to avoid contributing to the braking bump problem. Or avoid those trails entirely.

Intrigued by the second part of that. Might get in touch.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't think you'll find many who know that mountain more... ;)
We will have to compare knowledge at some point. We probably know each other and don’t know it lol.

@Id_rather_be_skiing the race league is all about fun. The amateur class is always a mixed bag from beginners to park rat kids that should have entered pro. It’s a really great way to experience some low pressure DH racing. They don’t start the next racer till course is cleared so there is zero pressure ( in real races it’s usually like 30s staggered starts so you actually can get over taken...much more stressful).

Ian F

Some day I'll try to do a Thursday night race. But Mtn Creek being over a two hour drive, it basically requires me taking a day off work. Not that a day off work would be a bad thing... That said, I haven't done any lift riding yet this year... might be going to Blue this weekend. It seems Blue is better for crowds during the weekend.

Last edited:

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure this will keep the city out for a while more but can't hurt 🤣

By the way is this not an oxymoron
Unfortunately they are still opening the water park this weekend. I hate water park season. The lots get packed. They get trashed...literally just throw bags of McDonald’s all over. And bikes get stolen. Last summer I saw a guy face plant and get knocked out cold... they took him and his bike to EMS, and his custom spec’d out Evil was stolen while he was unconscious. Talk about a bad day....

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
C9EAECB1-47F5-4054-92B0-972503D80D2A.jpeg
3EDA8E4F-366B-4BE8-B3E3-33961E95AF54.jpeg

DownhillR3

We will have to compare knowledge at some point. We probably know each other and don’t know it lol.

@Soundguy
Okay, maybe tonight? I'll be on the wannabe Marin e-bike looking thing. Rushing in at 6:15 to snag a race lap.

I've rode downhill at Creek 15 years, built the trails for 6 years and did some Marketing work for the bike park as well... :) Stopped racing the Pro Enduro class stuff in 2019, I give up on trying to beat the clock, haha!

mtbiker87

Unfortunately they are still opening the water park this weekend. I hate water park season. The lots get packed. They get trashed...literally just throw bags of McDonald’s all over. And bikes get stolen. Last summer I saw a guy face plant and get knocked out cold... they took him and his bike to EMS, and his custom spec’d out Evil was stolen while he was unconscious. Talk about a bad day....
When I broke my ankle in 2019 they brought my bike inside the Medical station just for that reason, and kept it inside for me until I could find someone to pick it up for me. Luckily I live in town, so it wasn't that hard.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Soundguy
Okay, maybe tonight? I'll be on the wannabe Marin e-bike looking thing. Rushing in at 6:15 to snag a race lap.

I've rode downhill at Creek 15 years, built the trails for 6 years and did some Marketing work for the bike park as well... :) Stopped racing the Pro Enduro class stuff in 2019, I give up on trying to beat the clock, haha!
Sadly didn’t make it out of work in time today... we should get up some day tho. The old school tech is my go to when the park gets crowded.

Top Bottom