Park Rat Thread

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
People keep telling me the landing is better than Phantom which I hit regularly. Is this true?
Phantom is probably the harshest landing in the park.

Yes as long as you don't go deep . Although phantom seems to be running a little smoother this year
Is it? I’ve been been dodging it so far this year... my bike is hanging on by a thread as it is 😆

Cassinonorth

Yep - an apt description of Blue Mtn in general and Shakedown Street specifically. The irony is that trail has the potential to be a great blue-level jump trail on the same vein as Gronk (Thunder) or Blue Magic (Killington), but it would definitely need Gravity Logic input.

I'm of the opinion Gravity Logic should build every flow and jump trail everywhere.

Sideshow Bob is unreal at Killington.

Cassinonorth

Never been. It’s on the list for this year. Hitting Highland for the first time tomorrow...so stoked.

Nice! I'd love to do the big ones in NE this year...Highland, Thunder and Killington.

Killington has free camping in their lot again which is nice to cut some costs.

Ian F

Nice. Free camping at Killington is one of the reasons I've been wanting to build a camper-van.

Highland is fun, but I don't know if I'd go there so early in the season. I'm not sure all of the trails are open yet and the lift line can be brutal. If you're on an enduro bike, be sure to check out Faux Pine off the back side - arguably the best natural terrain trail on the mtn - as well as one of the longest runs you can do there.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Highland this time of the year is absolutely brutal with the snail chair.

Blue mountain has officially been purchased by dropping lift chairs of "camelback". This is not good news for the future of blue mountian.

Ian F

Long story short... some friends got an Airbnb this weekend and somebody backed out so there was a free room 👍
Brush up on your French. I've been there early in the season and felt like I was in Europe (or Quebec, Canada...) due to the lack of English used in the lift line.

Of course, you'll probably be in that line for long enough to learn some French if you want to... ;)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Brush up on your French. I've been there early in the season and felt like I was in Europe (or Quebec, Canada...) due to the lack of English used in the lift line.

Of course, you'll probably be in that line for long enough to learn some French if you want to... ;)

There’s no open border so he can fall back to the southern hick dialect of NH. Should also help the lift line issue a bit.

Top Bottom