Park Rat Thread

PSA: Blue Mtn, PA bike park opens 5/15. Probably 2nd closest Bike park to NJ. Check website for their current guidelines

PSA: Blue Mtn, PA bike park opens 5/15. Probably 2nd closest Bike park to NJ. Check website for their current guidelines
Blue is worth the trip. It’s small, but it’s fun as hell. Just DO NOT hit the lil Ewok jumps with the speed you would at lower dominion. Holy hell I learned that the hard way....

Blue is worth the trip. It’s small, but it’s fun as hell. Just DO NOT hit the lil Ewok jumps with the speed you would at lower dominion. Holy hell I learned that the hard way....
Yeah... the jumps on Ewok Village are a bit weird. They are more "dirt jump" than "bike park" type jumps. I remember hitting one of them with a tad too much speed and landing to flat - yay for a DH bike...

They built a new jump line off the top of mtn, but the dirt on the jumps and berms is so effing rocky it's hard to generate any flow on them.

Otherwise, I consider Blue Mtn a "blue trail" mtn. Even the race course (Formula/OCD/Loose Cannon) is barely a black level trail. The trails can still bite you, but none of them are on the level of the natural black trails at Creek.

So effing annoying they wrecked a fun enduro trail to build Shakedown Street.

Honestly, my biggest issue with Blue Mtn is what seems to be the management's reluctance to hire professional trail designers/builders. Whoever they have building trails definitely does their best, but the "flow" trails they've built over the past few years are severely lacking in... well... flow.

I just watched a few vids of some trails at Blue Mtn and the trail surfaces all seem to be gravel and rock. Great for the tech lines, but even the easier or faster stuff seems littered with it. The green trail seemed excruciatingly long and boring; like non-stop sleep inducing switchbacks without any semblance of variety.

It’s official. RIP Cabin Drop 😢

1620917944115.jpeg

I just watched a few vids of some trails at Blue Mtn and the trail surfaces all seem to be gravel and rock. Great for the tech lines, but even the easier or faster stuff seems littered with it. The green trail seemed excruciatingly long and boring; like non-stop sleep inducing switchbacks without any semblance of variety.
Yep - an apt description of Blue Mtn in general and Shakedown Street specifically. The irony is that trail has the potential to be a great blue-level jump trail on the same vein as Gronk (Thunder) or Blue Magic (Killington), but it would definitely need Gravity Logic input.

Dammit, this was my season to hit that finally...
Everyone is saying that now that they don’t have to back it up 😝

last year was my first season hitting it and I couldn’t believe I put it off so long...it’s actually one of the smoothest drops there

Everyone is saying that now that they don’t have to back it up 😝

last year was my first season hitting it and I couldn’t believe I put it off so long...it’s actually one of the smoothest drops there
But really, I was going to do it! LOL

Covenant it is then...

Back
Top Bottom